Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uni-Fucking-Versity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
The whole university thing scares me and confuses me SO much. The course I want to do needs BBB. When I apply, do they look at my predicted grades, or AS results? Do I have to get predicted BBB to even get a look in?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i imagine they look at both........and if for instance you get BBC, its at their discretion to say yes or no, make sure you have insurance choice just in case.
  • Options
    Re: Uni-Fucking-Versity
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    The whole university thing scares me and confuses me SO much. The course I want to do needs BBB. When I apply, do they look at my predicted grades, or AS results? Do I have to get predicted BBB to even get a look in?

You could probably get an offer with CCC, the most likely result is that they will (as long as you write a decent personal statement) make you their typical offer. Come results day if you get that or above you'll be in, below it is at their discretion, although some people I know got into their first choices being 2 grades off their predicted (ie offer was ABB, they got BBC). You can apply to 6 unis away so its no loss, you only have to narrow them down much later.
    Worry more about the grades you think you will get and aim around that level.
  • Options
    They look at a combination of your AS results and your predicted grades. The weighting does tend to be towards your predicted results, as given by your teacher.

The best way to apply is for one place above your ability range, four in your ability range and one below it. As an insurance.
  • Options
    YOu can expect an offer to be BBB, although they make more offers than there are places.

If you are BBC or maybe even BCC they may make you an offer of BBB. BUt iof you aren't going to be getting near BBB then don't botehr applying.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I know I can get BBB. I'm just not sure how my AS results are going to turn out. I've spectacularly fucked up this year and only in the last month or so really got back on track, but I'm worrying that it's too late. Thing is I know I can do it, and I know I'll get good predictions as well.