Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bubble world - lck of humour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i swear too many people get offended by the mildest things ever, which werent even meant offensively, just as a bad pun/joke

do you think people expect to live in a shatter proof glass bubbles these days????

me and my mates rip eachother to pieces at pub but people think we're serious about it

what happened to a sense of humour people!?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeh i must agree, part of political correctness means you can say anything remotly against any group, even if you dont mean it seriously and its just for a giggle

i can call my gay mate a fag and not mean it in a bad way, just a friendly joke - surely people know when you're being serious and when you're not

obivously blatantly offensive behaviour is wrong bt peoplet ake it too far!
    It's a fine dividing line between interfering and protection.

People are encouraged to be "offended" more now, people aren't encouraged to just grow up and deal with it. It's like fat people going to a Bernard Manning gig and complaining that he takes the piss- jsut what did you expect, eh?

Making bigoted jokes is fine in my opinion, and people need to learn to deal with it. But people shouldn't be allowed to say anything they want and then claim it was a "joke".
    Re: bubble world - lck of humour
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    i

me and my mates rip eachother to pieces at pub

what happened to a sense of humour people!?
    humour is now regulated like everything else ...bad move. when we can't take the piss out of each other ...what ARE we left with?
    people should be comfortable with who they am, I get shit thrown at me all the time, I laugh it off or ignore it. If people aren't happy with who they are enough to take a joke, then they should change.

Maybe it sounds harsh but if you're not comfortable with who you are then you're not going to find jokes about it funny. People should learn to laugh things off, rather than being so serious about every word that comes out of every persons mouth.
    yep milk bottle was correct there :p
    A lot of the PC bullshit is absolutely stupid, to be honest.

The problem isn't even with homosexuals/ethnic minorities/disabled people not being able to take a joke, most of the problem seems to be with normal, healthy, straight white people who take it upon themselves to get offended on behalf of them.

The whole "You can't say that, that's offensive!" mindset is probably more offensive than any actual joke itself, because it's actually more offensive to assume that certain groups can't take a joke and laugh at themselves.

Makes the "them and us" culture a whole lot harder to break down, IMO.
    like on the advert using the word 'fag gots' i bet it werent even gay people who complained

controls freaks i tell ya :rolleyes:
    Aye... People are conditioned in to getting offended by anything that isn't PC these days... It's society's way and sometimes you wonder who's really being discriminated against.

But as for joking, my friends and I are always ripping in to each other, sometimes playfighting, telling each other where to go and giving each other the finger. It's just how we are. I call my brother a "poof" because he is... I don't have a problem with him being gay, but it's a joke...

See we all just sit around being so careful about what we say to each other that we forget to laugh... I mean c'mon people, chill out.