Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guys Straightening Hair.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many of you do it? Confess.

Comments

• Options
    My hair is too short but i think a lot of guys with long hair do straigten it.

If i had long hair i would ask my friends to help out lol
  • Options
    A friend of mine does it. The happiest I ever saw him was two days after Christmas, when he bounced into work exclaiming 'I got straighteners, Laura!' ;(

I plan to thieve them off him, before I decide whether or not to purchase my own. :yes:
  • Options
    my ex used to every so often but he didnt own straightners.think his mate enjoyed straightening his hair+he didnt mind cos he preferred it straight cos his hair was quite curly naturally.
  • Options
    My other half does it when we go to his parents' house. His sister has those GHDs and he loves it...will sit there for ages straightening his beautiful curly locks, it makes me want to weep :crying:

I think it's laughable when you see blokes out on the town with their hair straightened and swept down over one eye or some other wacky shit. They tend to also be the ones who buy into the whole blazer, distressed vintage (read: brand new from Republic) jeans etc combo.

Anyhoo, I don't see anything wrong with it...girls like messing about with straightners so why shouldn't boys? It's all hair at the end of the day!
  • Options
    Yeh, I know some lads who do it. They look like those boy-band types though.
  • Options
    I know lads who do it. :thumb:
  • Options
    My friend has his own, really small straighteners meant just for short hair and he uses them all the time!!
  • Options
    Guy im involved with straightens his! He never used to let me do it for him sayin it would make him seem like a gay n stuff! But then he got given a pair free of his gay friend and he loves them now and uses them all the time! bless:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by briggi
    They tend to also be the ones who buy into the whole blazer, distressed vintage (read: brand new from Republic) jeans etc combo.

ooo the yummy 1s :p well imo
  • Options
    Guys shouldn't have hair that is long enough to even consider straightening :no:
  • Options
    I straighten my bf's hair. and when i get my GHD's for my birthday i'll be giving him my old pair.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Guys shouldn't have hair that is long enough to even consider straightening :no:

my exs is now longer than mine.+that is why the next time i see him i intend to be carrying scissors :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    my exs is now longer than mine.+that is why the next time i see him i intend to be carrying scissors :D

good good ;) any guy with hair that is long enough to tie back, use straightners on or really just not short... i just want to cut it, shave it just do something. beat them possibly
  • Options
    we might be getting back together, but i refuse to go out with him until he gets a lot of it cut off, is this too harsh?no im not js shallow it can be tied in a ponytail which is bout 4-5inches long! :s
  • Options
    we might be getting back together, but i refuse to go out with him until he gets a lot of it cut off, is this too harsh?no im not js shallow it can be tied in a ponytail which is bout 4-5inches long! :s

not shallow at all. its not your fault that you dont want to date somebody with nasty gross hair :p not to mention that itd be like having sex with a girl too looking at that hair... and just long hair :yuck: stand your ground girl, make him change it ;)
  • Options
    i like a lil bit to play with at the back of the neck but thats it.
    theres nout wrong with having sex with a girl, (if thats what your into) its just when it appears to be a girl..but has a dick :eek2:
  • Options
    i like a lil bit to play with at the back of the neck but thats it.
    theres nout wrong with having sex with a girl, (if thats what your into) its just when it appears to be a girl..but has a dick :eek2:

yea, thats what i was going for, you see long hair, you expect female stuff, not male stuff. though i am a firm believer (ok believer isn't the right word) but i just think that guys should have nice short hair. like in the good ol days not long, not nice, just short and... short i will not fell any remorse if i cut a mans hair against his will if it does not suit my standards :p
  • Options
    seems fair enough to me :)
  • Options
    good good ;) any guy with hair that is long enough to tie back, use straightners on or really just not short... i just want to cut it, shave it just do something. beat them possibly

Hair doesn't have to be long to be straightened. It has to be long to tie it back, but not to be straightened.

I don't know what you have against guys with long hair. I quite like mine, you can't get many styles with short hair without getting the ultimate ned-head style. Even the guys with shortish messed hair in the VO5 adverts - their hair is long enough to be straightened.
  • Options

No no no no no! I luuuurve long hair. My bf wants to cut his all of but I wont let him. I've seen pics with his hair short and I really dont like it. Plus if he has short hair it means he'll start using gel again and thats just ming. But yes, 'cos I wont let him cut it I wash it for him and straighten it.
  • Options
    I always straighten my brother's hair for him when he's home. I gave him my old straightners for him to have during the week up in London. Seriously though, they're his saviour, I reckon. The poor lad has a massive fluff ball on top of his head if he doesn't straighten it and he looks uglay. He's the reason for the word 'boofon'. Or however you wanna spell it :(