Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sparkling future

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is really just an idle query as a conversation with a mate triggered me off thinking.

For example:

With my ex the first time i met him there was an instant attraction and a spark there. After that we found our personalities clicked as well so it was one of those short passionate relationships that ended mutually but not really happily.

On saturday at a wedding i spent all night talking to a bloke i've known 10 years. He's a complete sweetie and is lovely looking and makes me laugh. But there's that spark missing.

Basically my friend thinks that relationships can blossom without the spark and they can grow into a solid relationship. I'm not particuarly convinced.

Just thought i'd find out other people's perceptions on this and see whether i'm the only cynical git on here :D

P.s not sure whether this makes sense, i've tried to explain it but it's a little hard.

Comments

• Options
    ok, i sorta understand what you mean! i spose it depends upon how much a person is prepared to work at the relationship. i mean, if there's no initial spark, but the 2 people like each other and try hard then a spark could appear gradually!! it sometimes takes time to get to know a person and therefore time to see if you care for them that much!
    You arent being cynical, this is just your opinion, and obviously you'll feel alot closer to a person if there's a spark immediately, and maybe more willing to let yourself fall for them, etc, as you feel secure :confused:
    hope that makes sense
    SBG
  • Options
    yes, i think it is possible