Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone at Warwick?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
This is me being a lazy ass - I reall ylike the sound of Warwick and it does my course w/out too high grade boundaries, but I've heard it's a really secluded campus and the nearest place to go out other than the union is a 20 minute bus ride away? Is this true? And if so, do you find it a pain or is it ok? I would go to an open day but I just don't have time.....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I don't go to warwick but I would really advise you to go to the open day if you possibly can. Your going to be spending at least three years and a sunstantial amount of money on you university education so it's pretty important that you enjoy the place you're studying, so do at least try to go to an openday as it's the best way to get a feel for whether you'll enjoy it or not.
  • Options
    i'm at warwick :)

Seriously go to an open day. You have to like a place to hang round for 3/4 years.

In your first year most going out will be the union without a doubt. Other places worth going to are:

Coventry:

Ikon- shuttle bus from varsity (pretty much on campus). Takes about 10 mins but everyone will be pissed so you don't notice it :)

Colusseum- bus into town with the rest of the alt music people, again, if you drink beforehand you don't care too much. Takes 10 mins + a 10 min walk.

Leamington Spa:

Sugar- just off the parade in leamington. About 20-25 minutes by bus, this isn't really a prob though.

Also taxis round by us are really cheap as you can get 5 into them = £4 or so to get back from leam and about £2 to get back from cov.

As you can tell I don't find it a pain at all- the union is great as its at most a 5 min stagger back to your hall from there.
  • Options
    I really wanted to go to Warwick, but as with anywhere I would definitely reccomend you to go and look around before you put it down anywhere as a firm choice. I thought that I would really like it but when I went there, it just really wasn't my sort of place at all. I have a friend that goes there and he really loves it, so it is a very personal thing. The campus is massive though so in your first year there wouldn't really be much need to go elsewhere - they've got like a massive sports centre with swimming pool etc, huge library, shops, cinema, loads of cafes and restaurants, and the student union is absoloutely huge (one of the biggest in the country I think). But it is definitely advisable to go and look around before you decide :)
  • Options
    Warwick's not too bad but is no where near as good as LSE/Oxbridge/UCL/Imperial but thinks it is, ergo I think Manchester/Notts/Leeds etc are better than that slab of concrete.
This discussion has been closed.