Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

worried about not getting in to uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im going through the clearing process so am just wondering if there is a high chance of getting to a uni through this way,anyone else on the board who got in by clearing;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got in through clearing i had offers for sussex and Nottingham Trent and when i got my grades i did alot better than they predicted me so i went through clearing. In the end it worked out because im doing Sociology at Birmingham University. So u can still go to a good university if u act quick...u have to ring up very quickly and keep trying and theres always spare places.
    do you know if you have a good chance of getting on a course that is different from the course that you originally applied for?
    Hey, i jus wanted some advice on applying to uni. Im interested in Surrey institute of art and design to study Video production BA but so is my mate who is in the same form as me and the same college. We produce pretty much the same marks and our predicted grades will most definately be the same.. What are the chances of us both being able to go on the course cos i know it would create alot of tension if one of us didnt get accepted.. we both are up for 3 dinstinctions final grade..I jus need some reassurance that ill be accepted with two entrys from the same class.

Thanks,

K
    x
    Originally posted by shamonmofo
    Hey, i jus wanted some advice on applying to uni. Im interested in Surrey institute of art and design to study Video production BA but so is my mate who is in the same form as me and the same college. We produce pretty much the same marks and our predicted grades will most definately be the same.. What are the chances of us both being able to go on the course cos i know it would create alot of tension if one of us didnt get accepted.. we both are up for 3 dinstinctions final grade..I jus need some reassurance that ill be accepted with two entrys from the same class.

Thanks,

K
    x

shamon this may be better in another thread mate:D
    clearing

If clearing is the same as when I took my A'levels, then on the Thursday the results come out the Guardian (I'm pretty sure it was the Guardian but might have to check) printed all the spaces available through clearing. So it is worth getting down to the newsagent as soon as it opens and picking up a copy. You can then check out which Universities have places on the course you want to do and then ring them as soon as you can.
    Soz, i was wondering cos this thread is titled, worried about not getting into uni.. nevermind ;)

:)

K
    x