Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Losing A Friendship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Need some advice on on something I'm going through right now. Hoping that this is the right place to come.

I've liked this girl I know for ages and she has in the past felt the same way but now she doesn't and I'm not finding it easy to move on from it.

She let me know a few weeks ago after a row that she didn't like me anymore but every now and again raising my hopes that something might start up again only for her to kill them off again.

We've been really good mates, we click, think the same things and generally share the same opinions on lots of things.

Recently I keep starting rows off with her for what seems trivial things because I'm scared I'm going to lose her friendship as well, what she calls me being paranoid. I'm trying my hardest not to lose her but whatever I do seems to backfire on me.

I don't want to annoy her or make her unhappy. I want to be a close mate to her as we have been but she is distancing herself from that a bit and I'm not used to it, she phones less than she did do and it makes me wonder is this the beginning of the end?

Just need to know any tips on how to get over her and not lose her friendship, anyone who's been in this same situation and how you solved it? Just seems like I'm going through a cycle at the moment making things progressively worse.

Comments

• Options
    this may help or may not at all but read it and think.

"At the time he was filming Enter the Dragon, Bruce's friend Taky Kimura called him from the United States with a personal crisis: Kimura's marriage was falling apart and he was despondent and suicidal. "I lost two brothers a month apart and then my wife left me," said Kimura.

Bruce told him, "Taky, I haven't met your wife but I've counselled you before. You must do everything in your power to solve the thing but, at some point in time, you may just have to walk on." Bruce was saying that if nature dictated that the marriage was over, going against it would only bring further unhappiness. Bruce was expressing the Taoist philosophy of wu-wei, or following the course of nature without resisting it. "Walk on," he would tell Kimura, "walk on.""
  • Options
    maybe she's shying away from you bcos she doesn't know how to deal with the feelings you have for her?? maybe sit her down and talk, and explain that you like her, but dont want to lose the friendship you have :yes: