Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Application etiquette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've only ever applied for airline jobs which are all postal but there is a position that i've seen advertised which i would like to try and go for.
The question is do i ring them and ask for a form or do i ring and ask for an interview? I'm not sure of the application process having never had to do this before. I don't really want to look a prat by ringing and saying "can i come for an interview" if i'm meant to fill in a form with my cv etc first.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would just call up the number, say you're interested in applying for such and such a position and you were wondering what's the next stage in the application process. Then they'll either offer to take your address and send you an application form or will invite you to take a telephone or formal interview. My guess would be the former, that they'd ask you to complete the application form or maybe even just to send a copy of your CV to them. But either way, if you don't ask you'll never know :)

Good luck!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes, agree with above.

i always says 'i'm interested in <insert job>, could you tell me a bit more about it?' then they almost always ask for my address, and send me out some stuff. but on a couple of occassions the person has gone through it a bit more with me, so it gives them the option...