Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wax wax wax!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi...I don't want people to get evil here! I've done a search and couldn't find an answer to a specific question. I have looked here ivillage brazillian bikini waxing and on another site and it told me something different. I've booked a brazillian bikini wax next week, and was wondering,what do they remove and will I be in the buff (I'm not so bothered about that but my friend is). Just wondering what will actually be left! Because the threads I've read concerning that sorta wax don't ask! And my friend told me when she had it done, it returned 6-8 weeks later, the sites all say different things, any experience and knowledge gratefully received :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have been getting a Brazilian Bikini Wax for over 3 years now. It takes ALL THE HAIR OFF. zero hair left. :thumb: The more I got it done, the slower it was to grow back. When I first started getting it, I got it done about every 2 or 3 months. But my hair is very slow to grow back to begin with so it's different for everyone.
    I always thought Brazilian left a small tuft or strip? And a "Holywood" was everything off. Or am I confused, and it's the other way around? Anyway, why not just check with the waxing place, or ask them at the time to make sure you're talking about the same thing. Don't worry about the embarassment of asking the question, they'll have been asked those questions a zillion times before. Sounds like you expect to have some hair left. If it turns out that it's all off, then that's no problem either. :naughty:
    See yeah, i thought the same wobbly-man! A strip, although I'm not that fussed! Actually the place I went to (which my friend suggested) were horrible people. I've still booked it cause where I live, not a lot of waxing places. But the womans was a bit- I went in there, bit nervous, first time and all that, and all the women in there laughed at me and my friend. I was waiting for her to fill something in, and she turns around and says "Whatdo you want?!" I said "Oh, um, wanted to book a wax-bikini, brazillian" she laughed, got everyone to laugh at me and did this exaggerated stuttering thing...I was just...pissed off...!!! Don't want my custom fine, I'll dig out another place. Just cause I'm a newbie, being nervous doesn't make me pathetic...ggrrr some people...!
    Different salons have different ideas on what a Brazilian constitutes - from accounts of friends over the years - the landing strip was too thick/thin, or they took it all off (a Hollywood), or they left a strip, but didn't do anything underneath etc so I think your best bet would be to ask the salon your going to what they'd actually do.

I'm going to this place,http://www.otyliaroberts.co.uk/ and their idea of a Brazilian is a landing strip/triange and hair taken off underneath, including the crack, as some close friends have told me :eek:

Where abouts do you live? I'm sure I can ask around for you for other salons - if I had staff laugh at me like that, I'd take myself and my muff elsewhere!
    It does usually mean that a little strip is left, but they tend to charge according to what you want taken off and most beauticians would ask what you want beforehand.
    ;)