Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

college acceptance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
so if you got accepted to one college (university thingy) before, then withdrawled before the end of the first semester, then a couple years later decided to apply again, what do you think the likley hood of them accepting again? Would you just assume with good hopes that you'd get accepted there once again or would it be more difficult the second time around.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it would probably depend on why you withdrew. For instance if you left because of personal problems, because the course wasn't right for you or something similar, I think they'd recognise that and be sympathetic. I suppose if it was that you weren't going to lectures and dropped out, they might be more hesitant to give you that second chance.

It could be very different in America, but my boyfriend is at Uni for the second time at the mo. He dropped out in his second term because he basically couldn't be bothered, worked for two years (admittedly in the field he had been studying) and then reapplied at the same Uni. Because he had even more experience, they invited him to interview where they asked him about why he'd dropped out originally. Anyway he explained how he felt he'd matured etc etc, and they accepted him.

I think they're very willing to accept people again, although it's very circumstantial (sp?). All you can do is speak to them directly and try and find out...or apply again and wait and see what their response is. Either way, good luck! Doesn't hurt to try :D