Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How can I help a friend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend is a bit careless with powerful stuff such as hallucinogens. He and I went through a phase were we did mushrooms pretty much every weekend but I don't think he's grown out of it yet. His main attraction to hallucinogens is that they don't show up on his drug tests(he can't smoke weed or he's off to military school).

I myself am leaning into the spiritual and beneficial aspects of entheogens. I believe that cannabis and mushrooms have greatly helped me out of my depression by some complicated ways. My friend has more of the view that he does them only to trip. Because of this we've grown apart as friends and as trip companions.

Recently when I was walking with this friend we found three clusters of san pedro, walking distance from my house. I have done it twice effectively, and I don't want him to even try it. All of my close friends and I think he isn't responsible enough to move forward in hallucinogens.

For some reason he wants to try datura, which is my main concern. He told a kid about it and then him and his friend did it and one of them got hospitalized. And bad enough, a couple moonflower plants popped up on the road near his house. Should he decide to do it without any negotiating should I still sit for him to make sure he's safe? I really had hell of a time watching him when he did an 8th and a half of mushrooms. He goes into things like this with such a careless view he even said "I think it'd be fun to go crazy". He always says the wrong things, he has to change or else our friendship will split up, and he'll have nobody to watch him. All of our other friends have little experience and won't know what to do when he's tripping. I can't even be near him when I'm tripping or else he says something to ruin it like "I wish I could trade with you, you're gonna trip really hard tonight" which is completely contradictory of my views.

Does anybody have any advice on how to keep him away from trying anything else atleast for the time being?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sure z0ma can tell you all the reasons why Datura really isnt a good idea. Proper trippers avoid the stuff like the black death, its fairly near the bottom of the barrel, like dramamine.

I take a somewhat fatalistic view with these things, if someone is on a serious course to fuck up then they will. But this really only applies when they dont care whether they fuck up or not, those who care can be helped.

If you dont want to sit with him, then dont, as Dr. Thompson so rightly puts it, you can turn your back on a person but never turn your back on a drug.

But, I can see your point about wanting to save your friend from nasty experiences. I have been there when someone has gone totally sideways on a trip, and it gets ugly quickly, its not nice to watch.

I guess just try and talk to him about why he's wanting to blast all these trips.