Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Summer transfer news...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here is a thread which you can use to give us the rumoured - and factual - transfer stories which you have heard.

Here's a starter...

According to this story, Henrik Larsson is due to be unveiled as a Barca player tomorrow. Quelle surprise!

Would loved to have seen him at United.

Anyone else heard of any transfer "stories"?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've read in TheSun so it is probably not the whole truth but Leeds are giving Barmby £1M for him to fuck off, says he will probably join homeside Hull on a freebie.
    Heard that Ruud is being sold to raise funds for Rooney. Can't remember where I heard it but most probably in the Sun. :)
    Steven Gerrard has re-signed for Liverpool. :)
    According to F365 Butt will be a Magpie soon enough, as will James Milner. And West Brom won't pay Kanu what he wants.
    if rumours is what you want then here is where you need to go.
    Jamie Forrester has just signed for Bristol Rovers from Hull.

I'm sure you all wanted to know that :p
    Baros to Villa for £3m (apparently that had been agreed before Euro2004).
    Allback to leave Villa and we're supposed to be signing a Mathieu Berson from Nantes except they're being typical French wankers... :rolleyes:

Jimmy Floyd is being released by Chelski. Anyone heard about potential clubs he might sign for? Celtic are interested...
    Joe Cole and Geremi to Tottenham for 5m.

Deco to Barca or Real.

Bradford to oblivion unless they can stay at Valley Parade for free.

(Kermit do not shoot the messenger, just repeating what I've read).
    Is there any player, in any part of the world, moving clubs this summmer who has not yet been linked with Spurs?

They're gonna have a 500 man squad if you believe everything you read :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Bradford to oblivion unless they can stay at Valley Parade for free.

Doesn't surprise me.

Gordon Gibb bought the ground for his pension fund, and the conveniently stoppped being Bradford chairman. He's a good mate of Geoffrey Richmond, bankrupt extraordinaire, so what do you expect?

Thing is, for that land to be profitable Bradford City need to play on it. It slopes steeply, it's an old quarry, and it's right in the middle of the worst bit of Manningham. In short, the land is worth 27p to property developers. And the Bradford Bulls won't play there, because Bulls crowds are still swelled by bitter old Park Avenue fans who will NOT visit VP.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Summer transfer news...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Here is a thread which you can use to give us the rumoured - and factual - transfer stories which you have heard.

Here's a starter...

According to this story, Henrik Larsson is due to be unveiled as a Barca player tomorrow. Quelle surprise!

Would loved to have seen him at United.

Anyone else heard of any transfer "stories"?

he's not been unveiled yet i dont think. i wouldve beeb *very* surprised if he stayed in the UK to be honest.
    Re: Re: Summer transfer news...
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    he's not been unveiled yet i dont think. i wouldve beeb *very* surprised if he stayed in the UK to be honest.

Apparently he signed a two-year contract yesterday.

Today's little story suggests that Beattie will go to Newcastle, along with Butt.

Also Leeds are selling Milner to the "Toon". Bet Krasner has the support of the Leeds "faithfull" now, having sais that every player was up for sale except Milner...
    Rangers apparently to sign Michael Stewart on loan, and Celtic could be in for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to replace Henrik.

So they'll have Sutton, Hartson and Jimmy upfront next season. Talk about having power upfront :eek:

Yeah, can't fucking wait for next season :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Celtic could be in for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to replace Henrik.

Hasselbaink will score 80 goals in that league.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Hasselbaink will score 80 goals in that league.

80 goals a game. If he goes to Celtic it'll be for European football if he doesn't get offered it elsewhere.

Has he been linked with Tottenham yet? :rolleyes:
    cant believe charlton managed to sign rommedahl, thats mega for them.

kezman to sign for chelski globetrotters on monday or tuesday :rolleyes:

they havent learned from real madrid then. do hope they win nothing again next year.
    Originally posted by superfly
    they havent learned from real madrid then. do hope they win nothing again next year.

Even if you attack brilliant and score 8 in a game but defend shockingly and concede 9 you still don't get any points.

As much as I don't wanna admit it Arsenal are the best team by miles. They've been playig together for a long time as well. I don't really see the logic in lettin Ranieri spend £120m on players only to trade em off for the ones the new manager wants (as rumoured Cole, Duff, Parker etc)
    Les Ferdinand is being sposed to be signing a contract with Bolton. :)
    Re: Re: Re: Summer transfer news...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Also Leeds are selling Milner to the "Toon". Bet Krasner has the support of the Leeds "faithfull" now, having sais that every player was up for sale except Milner...
    Pretty gutting news, he was a good young player and it would have done him good spending a year or so in the first division and then if Leeds were still there he could have moved on then. Still its £5M+ in the bank to spend on some more players, not too bad, I would have being pissed off if they'd have give him away for next to nowt but £5M is a decent price.
    just got back from work and see hasselbaink has gone to middlesbrough - interesting signing, bit out of the blue seeing as they got viduka the day before. mendieta signed on for another 5yrs and reiziger too...but can anybody see them doing a leeds?

postiga has been sold back to porto, reminds me of ahn jung hwan from the world cup :lol:
    Originally posted by *TiNK*

He has.

West ham have just signed the Walsall keeper. Thats it.
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    He has.

He hadnt at the tiime! :p
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Southampton have bought Peter Crouch from Aston Villa. I wonder if James Beattie will go to Newcastle?
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    Southampton have bought Peter Crouch from Aston Villa. I wonder if James Beattie will go to Newcastle?

I think i'm the only Villa fan in the world sad to see El Crouchio leave. He's a good player - just not that good with his head. His first touch is amazing. He's a confidence player as well though so hopefully Soton fans will give him a chance.

I saw on Sky Sports News that people at Soton have been sayin that everybody has a price. I wouldn't be suprised if Beattie moves.
    Originally posted by Ego
    I saw on Sky Sports News that people at Soton have been sayin that everybody has a price. I wouldn't be suprised if Beattie moves.
    I hope he doesn't! :( Besides, Newcastle don't reeaaallllly need him anyway :no:
    Crouch is like Ian Ormondroyd was- fast, skilful, but not good with his head. And everyone wants him to be good in the air 'cos he's so tall.
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:
    Edgar Davids should have gone to Tottenham, that would have been funny :D
    not quite transfer news, but i heard henri camara has walked out on wolves. dunno if thats 100% accurate but hey.

danny mills to sign for man city tomorrow. about time keegan actually signed a half decent defender.
    Leicester have almost signed David Connolly for 500k!!