Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's a comedown like...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was just reading daztorquay thread and wondered how a comedown on maybe speed/coke/e differs from say 8 pints??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It varies between people. When on a pill comedown I just feel very relaxed the next day, head might feel a little mashed but no real bad effects.

Speed gives me the most dreadful of comedowns. I sometimes am unable to sleep the night after doing speed, like 24 hours after. Makes it impossible for me to eat and screws with my stomach. And of course not forgetting the wonderful headrushes that catch me unawares and make me dizzy at different times during the day. Dirty, dirty shit.
    Like sandbox said it varies from person to person.

I've had the most pill comedowns and for me, i get quite ill and depressed, varies on each day and usually takes til thursday to completely get better (i drop on saturday usually).

Speed comedowns can be much worse.

Never had a comedown off coke properly as ive never had that in a weekend and not had anything else so i don't know...

And in comparison to a hangover..... well considering i usually get excruciatingly bad hangovers, the pain isn't as bad as a hangover but lasts alot longer.
    The comedowns are usually a mirror image of the high itself.

So for speed you have many hours of feeling drained, tired, crappy etc.

And for MDMA for can get a few hours of feeling depressed, crying, etc.

And for coke you feel the worst you ever can ever, the shakes, weeping, just grimness.
    normally my pill comedowns are just me feeling exhausted and not being able to move all day with a headache,cant touvh food until light evening.
    Yeah, strictly speaking you shouldnt really get a comedown as such from MDMA if you use it carefully, in that you do one dose then maybe a top up of say 40mg two hours in.

Its when you do it too often or in too high doses when you get the comedown.

But then having said that I have quite enjoyed a couple of the comedowns I've had from MDMA. You have an amazing night and then a massive low, then by the day after you feel SO alive. Invigorated by the huge up and down of your emotions.
    I enjoy sitting there with a group of mates smoking a few joints to ease the comedown. Just sitting there monging out and not talking to each other, but at the same time enjoying the company. Hard to explain...:confused:
    Has anyone else found that on a pill comedown conversations are difficult, and they always refer to the past, never the future...
    Yeah. I normally repeat the same thing loads of times just for the sake of trying to make conversation.
    Most times I just end up going to bed or sitting there and watch something on TV.
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    I enjoy sitting there with a group of mates smoking a few joints to ease the comedown. Just sitting there monging out and not talking to each other, but at the same time enjoying the company. Hard to explain...:confused:

That's exactly like me and my mates!

Haven't done it for ages now though :(

Edit because : I find the stupidest programs most entertaining, i.e. cartoons, adverts, nature programs (not stupid I guess) and Takeshi's Castle ! lol
    You come down, and you stay there. there is no depression or CRYING lol wtf pills are you doing!! WHAT!! not with me... you're with friends, you've been up all night, you've gone to a rave a hundred miles away. when you cmoe back the boring bastards around u are just waking up!!

the worst you'll feel is tired. butwhy cant u enjoy this, you're gonna look beautfiul - check the mirror , you'll look gorgeous i assure you. enjoy it!! the worst part is the jaw and your mouth. might be rippd to shreds from 9hours of gurning..
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    And for coke you feel the worst you ever can ever, the shakes, weeping, just grimness.

I don't recognise that at all. ALthough you certainly seem to have a serious downer on coke.
    I just think its a very dangerous drugs which isnt given anywhere near the respect it deserves. Its highly addictive yet no one who uses powder seems to acept that.

That and the comedown I had from it was grim.