Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm in Russia!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey guys...just thought a little post from russia would be cool, cos I dont think anyone's ever done it before! This is a first I think! Been here since saturday in a shithole called yaroslavl....it's a dump and well scary but we're all having fun (on a uni trip!) Moscow on Friday though...thank god for that, no more manky russian food; we're all staying with old women who cook our meals, last night I had fried pasta :s and yesterday morning she gave me strawberry flavoured cream cheese!!!! gross! I've mastered the art of sneaking food into pockets though and disposing of it later! Then I can go buy pizza (20p a slice!) God, I'm so goddamn English!!! But this food is seriously bad...the meat is gristle!

On the plus side....cigarettes are 30p, beer is 20p and vodka (litre) is about a pound!
:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya *Waves*.
    You meany, stop exploiting the russians weak economy :(
    My mums mate went to Russia when she was in school, she said it was fun, but she wouldnt want to be there permanently.
    I envy you :(
    I think I'd bring a lot of stuff back and sell it to my friends

sorry give it as presents:rolleyes:

Either way have fun !
    Zdrazvoi!

Dead jealous, Russia's one place I'd love to go. I had the chance to go to Moscow for two weeks last Easter but didn't because of exams. :<

One day I shall go, and bring back hundreds of matrioshka dolls and shapkas. :D
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Zdrazvoi!

Dead jealous, Russia's one place I'd love to go. I had the chance to go to Moscow for two weeks last Easter but didn't because of exams. :<

One day I shall go, and bring back hundreds of matrioshka dolls and shapkas. :D
    matrioshka as cheap over there i have loads, but shapkas are so bloody expensive.. they where asking about 100 dollars last time i was there.

yeah posts have been made from russia before, i lived there a few years ago :p
    i agree about the food being shit too, your best bet is always to eat out *shudders* i remember being served vine leaves once with rice and stuff i couldnt stomach to see it let alone eat it.
    Originally posted by Ertrael
    i remember being served vine leaves once with rice and stuff i couldnt stomach to see it let alone eat it. [/B]

lol i was eatin stuffed vine leaves last time i was in greece (there a greek delacsy(sp)) and i thort they were well nice. i must be strange
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    lol i was eatin stuffed vine leaves last time i was in greece (there a greek delacsy(sp)) and i thort they were well nice. i must be strange
    never tryed em... they looked to rough to eat lol
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i wish i was in russia :(

hope you continue having fun :)
    I was in Moscow for 3 weeks last February! It was amazing!

Have a nice time!
    Are you still there?

I was in Moscow for 5 months last year and it was amazing. I went on a day trip to Yaroslavl with my friend - we did a tour of the churches, which was as exciting as it sounds. I don't really remember much of that town as it rained all day and we were stuck on the coach for most of it.

But Russia is cool :)