Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your best summer ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Have you got one that really stands out as a truly memorable summer?

I had a great one two years ago - started the summer off with an amazing couple of weeks in Greece. It was only the end of May so we had whole white sand beaches to ourselves and the weather was perfect. Then I went to Glastonbury for the first time with loads of friends and again had blazing sunshine. Also did loads of trips away in my bf's camper van around the south coast. Mmmm!

So come on - what's your best summer ever and what made it so good?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Last summer. It was the first time a mate came away with me and my family. Had such a laugh :D Sat on the beach everyday sunbathing, going on waterslides and in the swimming pool acting like big kids, my mate being on my shoulders in the pool when i was walking into the deeper end and me going "im going under" and her reply being "im not!" :yeees: :lol:
    Also going to teh vending machine everyday and drinking tonnes of vanilla coke, i love the stuff.
    Plus meeting a fair amount of fellas who may i add were french, so we didnt get half thier names so we nick named em, Kenzie, Toothy etc, bless. Getting chatted up by older men in their 30's, not quite so nice.
    Falling out with my brothers now wife and telling her to fuck off and when i got asked about it i said id told her to "go away" :angel: My other brother and mate found it funny cuz they knew full well i hadnt.

I could go on forever about that holiday, it was ace :D
    My best summer was when I was 13.
    My best friend was in Israel visiting her grandmother. So we met up and spend the whole time together.
    First in Jerusalem, then in the Kibbutz, and back again.
    Everyone in her kibbutz knew she didn't know Hebrew, and they assumed that I didn't either being that I constantly hung out with her, so it was pretty funny to hear what people said and reply back when they were talking about us... stuff like that.
    I've had lots of good summers. I suppose one of the most memorable was going to Mersea with my best friend. It was only like, an hours drive from us, and we stayed in a Mobile Home with my Mum and Dad. It was only for a week, too, but we had such a great time. We must have been about...10ish. I loved being that age. :( We had so much fun: Making up dances to Adam Rickett and Britney Spears :o, making friends with Tony Adams who was about 2 doors down from us, playing with his kids, going to the clubhouse and giggling like hell when boys asked us to kiss them, oh, and playing hide and seek with 2 little boys, and getting slapped by them when they eventually found us. :| (only I got slapped though, somehow, my friend escaped that one (and it hurt :())... Going shopping and being allowed to go to a few shops on our own :eek:, and then meet back up with my parents. We laughed for hours on end 'cause we brought some inflatable 'poof' thing that we named Adam Rickett 'cause we though he was a 'puff.' Haha. Ohhh and then going on all the rides and getting a characature of ourselves done and :hyper:....*breath*

*Siiiigh*. How fun it was back then.
    Pretty sure this summer is gonna be my best!! :D
    My best summer was 3 years ago. I went to Magaluf for 2 weeks with my best mates from home and had such a fantastic time!!

Then I went to Newquay for a week with friend from uni and had such a wicked time too!!

I would definitely recommend both those places!
    Lat year went to Ibiza!
    Absolutly amazing :naughty::naughty::naughty:
    Had so much fun, went to Amnesia for Cream with Tiesto, Manumission, Bar M, Savannah's, Cafe Del Mar, Mambo's, and many many more.
    Plenty of places to chill out durning day time on the beautiful beaches, aaahhhh.

I wish I could live out there! :(

[URL=http://]http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night_i.htm[/URL]
    Last year. To start with I went away with my friends to a haven camp for a week. Then I went to Santorini for a week with my family, which was gorgeous and I just had a lovely time. Then I came back and had lots of fun parties and stuff. ahh was good :D