Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I hate summer holidays!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I hate summer holidays! Does anyone else hate summer holidays? I just find them so f**king boring, and this year is gonna be a killer. 12 weeks of mind numbing, skull aching boredom! AGGGHHHH. Its not is if i have anything to do for those 12 weeks either. i'll just end up sat at home watching tv whilst observing my arterires clog from all the junk food. I F*CKING HATE SUMMER HOLIDAYS!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get a job/more hours. Do something voluntary like helping at a playscheme even. Its all useful (skills, money, new friends etc) and passes the time for you.
    I was facing how ever many weeks 22nd June to the 27th september is (about 14 weeks maybe??) but its now broken down- I've got a job in Ireland for 5 weeks of it, then I'm going to see my boyfriend for a week, probably going to leeds festival aswell (RBF, Goldfinger, Yellowcard :heart: ) then moving back to uni early to find a job over there (or thats the plan anyway, for similar reasons to suggesting you get extra hours over summer- less temptation to go out and spend the little money I have, make more of it and pad out my CV a tad).
    My huge expanse of nothingness seems like nothing anymore. Go talk to your manager!
    Hate to say it but get off your arse and do something then! :)
    Take that back!

Get a job
    Go on holiday
    Take up a new hobby
    See your friends
    Learn to drive

This is gonna be the best summer, 12 weeks of no school work, sunshine, partying and generally enjoying being young! Off to Crete in 6 days - getting a bit excited!!
    take a load of drugs
    If you're an active person then get yourself to the swimming baths, go out with friends.

If not, invest in some good books, visit the library, get some DVDs out, get some friends round a couple of days a week....

get a job perhaps?? :p
    Beach.....Clubbing....Beach.....Clubbing......Beach.....Clubbing.....TV......TV......Camping with mates......Beach......Clubbing :rolleyes:

:D How can you be bored! Summer is the best - Sun & Sea & Alcohol & Fitties

;) And a part time job to fill in the empty spaces!

Can't believe you're complaining!
    i can see it going either way.. if i can amuse myself by getting a job, going out, reading alot, listening to music, going to gigs, resting, going to the gym and holidays then it'll be ok...but if i get bored of that stuff or it doesnt take 10weeks, well..i'll get incredibly bored because ive already checked and there arent any decent courses on this holiday!!
    i work to get money
    get. off. your. lazy. rear.
    Im bored too :(

All I do is watch tennis and play pool.
    There are more options than just working

Why not go travelling for a few months or something,
    Or take up a summer course(something active)or something, the more you sit on yopur arse the more tired you get.
    Be proactive not reactive.
    Its also not that easy to just find work...Im having problems finding anywhere that wants people just for the summer, most people are put off by the prospect of having to rehire at the end of it.
    So dont tell them,
    Say you have decided to take a year out of college and are goin to work, then just give your 2 week notice at the end and say youb decided to go back.
    Worth doin over not having anything
    I don't HATE the summer holidays but sometimes they can be a bit boring. Last year I got incredibly bored so this year I have planned things to do so I don't end up sitting at home in front of the TV. I'm going to stay with a friend for a few weeks and I'm planning to meet up with some friends and my boss has given me more hours at work so I am determined not to suffer the boredom bug this summer.
    Hmm... I had high hopes for this summer, kinda expecting it to the the summer of '69, yet it has fallen rather flat. Spent most of it counting the pennies after quitting my old job (found a new one which I love though), and the last week have been rather stressed sorting out household matters after moving in (after 3 week sleeping on someone's floor).

I keep thinking it will kick off the next week, but it just hasn't happened. I suppose last year was such an epic (post-A-Levels, fantastci weather) its hard to beat. I'm not unhappy, just not having the mad time I thought I would!

Roll on September...