Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

knives

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone who makes shoes in India and sells them in a city centre doesn't benefit the community.

Might be providing value for money though (unlike many's a Guardian Jobs sectoin employed in the community
  • Options
    Still doesn't benefit the community. Doesn't clean up graffitti does it.
  • Options
    The Guardian Jobs sectoin mob will cost the community, if they wern't there would many be missed

The Dead wood train ikeeps rolling down the track
  • Options
    Eh?
    I don't read the guardian, but I can guess you're on about all sorts of hippy style jobs with glorious names that actually do very little?
    Seeing as most of them are based around London I can't give 2 shits about them. If London want to waste their money on stuff like that then let them.
  • Options
    ladymuck lives in fantasy land
  • Options
    There are few things that bring a smile to my face so easily as the little rants from the Daily Mailers and assorted types regarding the Jobs section in the Guardian's Society supplement. :D
  • Options
    ladymuck lives in fantasy land

I know someone in Audit Commision who was miffed that CRE was butting in on job selection process- no doubt less than suitable ppl weren't getting jobs - terrible
  • Options
    Yes of course you do dear. :rolleyes:

*pats ladymuck sympathetically on the head*

she's like an old mad aunt isn't she? embarrasingly mad, but part of the family
  • Options
    Blagsta, you were well Wibbled on U75:lol:

private joke- apols to others who don't know
  • Options
    Was I? Wibble was proved to be talking total shit. I think she came off looking like a fucking idiot. Much the same as you do on here.
  • Options
    Wibble was proved to be talking total shit.

I don't think so, oh yes you produced a link to the Refugee council site - -breathtakingly original move on your behalf - not
  • Options
    You wouldn't think so. But you're a total fucking idiot as well. So its no surprise really.
  • Options
    Oh, and Wibble putting me on ignore was a winner, eh?
    Can't answer your points, so I'll flounce and put you on ignore.
    Quality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Anyone who carries a knife is a twat in my book.

If you don't plan on using it there is no point in carrying it. Muggers are would-be-attackers are extremely unlikely to be intimidated by someone who is just holding a knife at them hoping it will scare them away.

And if you plan on using one, well I'm sorry there is no excuse for stabbing people about, even if they plan to give you a kicking or to mug you. Chances are those prepared to use a knife will end up using it on non-life threatening situations.

So I am a twat now. Muchas gracias...

Muggers are likely to back of once seeing my knife. Not only the knife has the effect but also the type, how you hold it, your attitude... You'd be surprised to see the reaction of an angry mugger when they hear the click of my flick-knife and the word "Bring it on". They walk backwards and insult me, and finally go away.

I carry it for self defence. I always have a bag on me with £2500 worth of camera equipment and I walk through very bad areas (in any city I have ever lived) and, unfortunatly, I have been nearly mugged more times than you could imagine. Usually the knife is not needed, but the times it was (only when they had a knife) it what extremly effective. And if I am so unlucky that he would want to go further, I have been trained to use it, but I don't I would. (That does not mean trained to kill, but trained to cut the hand that is carrying the knife).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The McPherson report did not object to stop & searches, but at the fact that only the people of a certain race were the subject of them.

So yes they should be brought back, but this time let's search everyone eh?

I don't know this law... Does it mean that the police can search anyone or anyone that is suspicious of having commited a crime...
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    (I looked on the Home Office Site and would you believe it I couldn't see a breakdown of crimes by ethnic minorities)

And that is how it should be.