Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What uni do you go/are going to?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    any sort of preferences as to where? what do you want to do?
    I applied to the London College of Fashion to do a BA (Hons) in Makeup for the Perfoming Arts, but they wanted a portfolio and interview based around it. The only problem is, I have no portfolio as I've not done anything to do with makeup artistry before....

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    my sympathies.

why?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eeyun
    Maybe you still could through clearing or something. You would be at Collegiate? You could still go in halls near City Campus and get the uni buses from there to Collegiate.

Yeh that's it, Collegiate. And I was gonna apply for halls near city campus and get the bus/drive like you say. I could apply through clearing but I might not get the accomodation I want. Also, I need a C in maths GCSE which I've yet to get and was going to get before I planned to go in 2005.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *§atania*
    I also put Salford Uni as my insurance choice!

The words insurance and Salford in the same sentence brought a smile to my face. Not for Uni reasons ;)

If you do end up going to Salford Uni, try staying in Castle Irwell. Belive me, its a experince. I would stick my neck out ans say its one of the best places for Uni accommodation in the country. Its based on the old Manchester racecourse! Anyway, good luck, your heading for the best city anyhow.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xapis
    Hey! Yeah it's really nice,and I'm doing French and Italian so similar set up,departments etc. Do you know what hall you're going to?
    It's a REALLY nice city and great to be a student in, I love it!

I have a friend whose sister is doing French and German at Bristol - she's in Winkworth halls but is moving out soon into her own flat near Broadmead. I love Bristol - going to apply in September, but apparantly it's really discriminatory against people from private schools and I'm at a private college, so.....:(
  • Options
    Hey! Yeah it's really nice,and I'm doing French and Italian so similar set up,departments etc. Do you know what hall you're going to?
    It's a REALLY nice city and great to be a student in, I love it!

aww cool, so similar subjects too! :) umm well i've applied for manor hall, hopefully gonna share a room with my mate! and i think second choice was durdham...

i figured out that wherever i go i'll probably enjoy it, so i'm not too fussed!!
  • Options
    i go to leeds uni and absolutley love it. although in september i'm goin to france for a year.

and anyone who's going to manchester, its a fantastic city.. have fun! ;):D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I'm going through clearing!!
    Get home early and jump on the phone quickly. Clearing's easy providing you're quick.
    That's how I got into university :)
    Oh - if you've got things like the course code and your UCAS number to hand it helps a lot.

Providing I get my F1 I'm staying at the University of Hertfordshire

:hyper: UH all the way :hyper:
  • Options
    i'm going to Bath - are any of you on this site?

newstudent
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside
    :hyper: UH all the way :hyper:

damn straight!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ryoko_rock
    aww cool, so similar subjects too! :) umm well i've applied for manor hall, hopefully gonna share a room with my mate! and i think second choice was durdham...

i figured out that wherever i go i'll probably enjoy it, so i'm not too fussed!!

excellent :) Manor's nice, sharing with a mate will be great. I was in Clifton Hill House last year, right opposite Manor and I shared a room with a stranger (not so great!)
    All the halls are nice, you'll love it!
    I'm moving into a house next year near the department which i'm pleased about!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    I have a friend whose sister is doing French and German at Bristol - she's in Winkworth halls but is moving out soon into her own flat near Broadmead. I love Bristol - going to apply in September, but apparantly it's really discriminatory against people from private schools and I'm at a private college, so.....:(

Hey, don't worry about that. Well, from my experience it's not that much of a problem despite what you hear in the papers etc etc. In my halls there was a pretty good balance of private/state school people. My corridor was 80% private school people so they obviously hadn't been discriminated against, but in general it works out with a pretty fair mix. Just see what happens! You'll be fine :)
  • Options
    Was picking between Edinburgh an Aberdeen. Im off to aberdeen!
  • Options
    excellent :) Manor's nice, sharing with a mate will be great. I was in Clifton Hill House last year, right opposite Manor and I shared a room with a stranger (not so great!)
    All the halls are nice, you'll love it!
    I'm moving into a house next year near the department which i'm pleased about!

cool :) awww i can't wait now, hopefully we'll get our preference and be together!

thanx for the boost of confidence hehe, i'm looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Just finished my first year at Liverpool (doing geography)

Decided to stay here over the summer to work as I love this place so much, but having resigned from my job its now bloody hard to find another one - this city seems to shut down without the students here!
  • Options
    Hello to all the UCL people!
    Ive just finished my first year there doing zoology, its a really nice uni but im not enjoying being a student. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    Ive just finished my first year there doing zoology, its a really nice uni but im not enjoying being a student. :(

Aww, how come?
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    do you go into chester much? Been a couple of times and i luuuurve it! Plus i'm planning to be a Hollyoaks extra he he!

:yes: I work in woolworths in chester! :) Lol, cool. Hollyoaks isnt filmed in chester though, some places are but the set is in liverpool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eeyun
    I'm off to Sheffield Hallam in September to study Geography with Transport. Fun eh?

:thumb:

Just finished first year at Sheffield Hallam, studying ze plain Geography.
  • Options
    Law at University of Sheffield.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion

whats UCL?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    whats UCL?

University College London
  • Options
    Originally posted by cheesy_stick
    University College London

oh ok :)

im @ lincoln :D