Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
oh, I'm so depressed. I should be happy, I've got everything I've ever wanted, but I'm just not happy.

Here's the thing. I have a girlfriend, I've been going out with her for about 4 months, but I'm just not happy. And there's this other girl. I'd liked her for ages, like, 2 years, but I thought I was over her, but it turns out I'm not. I keep thinking about her. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    well,who would you want to be with more,your gf or the other girl,if it is the other girl it is unfair to your gf,even if the other girl doesn't feel the same about you,because you are thinking of her instead of your gf,who you should be thinking about,didn't help much,sorry
  • Options
    really help

I know who I like more - it is the other girl, and I know it's unfair, I also know that the other girl doesn't feel the same way. In fact the only thing I don't know is what to do.
  • Options
    Well you need to be careful not to hurt others feelings but also look out for yourself at the same time...

what i say you should do is to find out if this other girl feels anything for you, if not then forget her and make a proper go of things with your bird...
    but then again if your bird is giving you everything you want then id say stick to her coz the other one might not treat you right and fuck you around.
  • Options
    Originally posted by aimz but then again if your bird is giving you everything you want then id say stick to her coz the other one might not treat you right and fuck you around. [/B]

i dont agree i think that you should finsh with the girl that your with now even if there isnt any chance of you getting with someone else. Even if you think you like her a bit she obviously isnt the one for you if you feel so much stronger about someone else and would be willing to finish her if there was a chance with the other girl. It wouldnt be fair to leave her thinking that everything is ok when really ur just with her untill somthing better comes along
  • Options
    if you're not happy, break up with your girlfriend. however, i can't really see how it'll help as you say you can't have this other girl you like.
  • Options
    I would advise you break up with your current girlfriend because being with her when you are unhappy is most unfair.

If you think you could, given time, be happy with her, by all means try to work things out, otherwise just be truthful. The longer you stay with her the more she will be drawn into it and you'll hurt her even more in the longterm.
  • Options
    Break up with the current gf, its not fair on her.
  • Options
    it's not that simple

people tell me to break up with my girlfriend, but whatever happens, I'm going to lose at least one friend, probably two, because I'm friends with both of these girls, so, it's really not that simple
  • Options
    well in that case, be happy with what you've got and try your damn hardest to get over this other girl. she's not doing you any good.
  • Options
    i think that to be fair to yourself and to your girlfriend that you should call it a day

beacuse if your not happy then its going to drag you down and also the longer you are with your girlfriend the harder it will be if you decide to split with her

xx
  • Options
    i have decided

ok, I've made my decision, and trust me, this has been really hard. I'm not a nasty person, honestly, but I just don't like girlfriend as much asthis other girl, so, I' afraid I' going to have to end it with her next time I'm on my own with her.

I hope I'm doing the right thing.
  • Options
    Re: i have decided
    Originally posted by hatmuncher
    ok, I've made my decision, and trust me, this has been really hard. I'm not a nasty person, honestly, but I just don't like girlfriend as much asthis other girl, so, I' afraid I' going to have to end it with her next time I'm on my own with her.

If thats what you wanna do..... then good luck with it:thumb:

Just make sure thats what you wanna do:yes:

It doesnt make you nasty cos you wanna end it with your girlfriend, at least your not leading her on.
  • Options
    Re: i have decided
    Originally posted by hatmuncher

From what you've said, you aren't being horrid to your g.f. You're being honest with her and yes it may hurt, but its for the best, whether you get with this other girl or not :yes:
  • Options
    can I just say...

Don't get me wrong, I do like my girlfriend, but this other girl, she's just, well, perfect really. I can't stop thinking about her, even though I haven't seen her for ages, and I know she's probably going to turn me down, but I've got to give a go. Better that than being left thinking "What If?" right?

I haven't broken up with my girlfriend yet, I can't get in touch with her.
  • Options
    :( Life's too short to not be with the people you love/like.