Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the supernatural

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by RNT
    orbs are a load of bollocks to be honest, but I believe there is something else out there and we don't have the technology to track or record it...yet

And why should we?

If these spirits are really part of a human that's passed away then they'd be sentient.. right? So maybe they wouldn't want to be found, tracked down, trapped.... It'd be unethical if somebody's floating quite happily in the afterlife and somebody yanks their leg in to a seance just because they know spirits exist... it'd be like a circus.
  • Options
    when i was in england about a month ago, there was something on channel 4 about this guy conducting a sceance in which you could participate from home. what was that all about & did anyone do it?
  • Options
    It was a big set up, it was all faked.

As for Ghosts, I'm not convinced, the physics of it dont make sense.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    when i was in england about a month ago, there was something on channel 4 about this guy conducting a sceance in which you could participate from home. what was that all about & did anyone do it?
    It was basically saying how the 'sub-conscience' mind can do things (I.E push the glass) without you having any recollection of you doing it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    I believe there is something else out there and we don't have the technology to track or record it...yet

Yes, I think one day it will all be explainable by physics.
  • Options
    I doubt it.
    Either way, there'll always be people arguing the opposite.

I don't think it's something that's supposed to be explained anyway. People have been pondering forever about the explanation for life, whether there's life after death, where the earth came from, if God exists etc. If these questions were supposed to be answered, then I think we would already have the solution by now. If one knew whether 'God' existed or not, then that person would have to be God themselves.