Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cellulite

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone used avons cellusculpt anti cellulite cream?
i have cellulite and was wondering if that would be any good, anyone know of any others they would recommend

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its funny this topic should come up b/c i was telling my boyfriend today how i was reading my magazine and it said that cindy crawford rubs coffee grains into her fatty bits to get rid of celulite and it works for her, aparently

"the caffeine in the coffee is absorbed through the skin and directly enhances the blood flow, which is essential for shifting trapped fat (cellulite)!"

my b/f thinks its a load of rubbish but it could save you some money to try this before buying an expensive cream? just a thought xx
    I've read about the coffee before, its supposed to work! Drink lots of water too, its flushes all the toxins out of your body.
    I was reading in the paper last week about this Loreal stuff (can't remember the name of it!) that is supposed to help combat cellulite and apparently reduce the circumference of your thighs by 2cm.
    Anyway this article basically said that it really does work, and they're planning to start selling it behind the counter now because there seem to be special chemicals in it that shouldn't allow it to be sold on the shelf.
    Re: cellulite
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    has anyone used avons cellusculpt anti cellulite cream?
    i have cellulite and was wondering if that would be any good, anyone know of any others they would recommend

Yeah, ive used it! I dont have very much cellulite at all, just a bit here and there, but the cream certaintly helped to fade it. i think it tones and firms your skin, that's how it works. The best thing to do is to eat healthily and exercise, exfoliating also helps. To see an effect on skin with abit more cellulite you have to use it everyday, but i dont as i prefere another moisturiser. it smells nice enough, but doesnt moisturise quite as much as the one i use :thumb:
    I dont think the avon one is that good tbh.
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I was reading in the paper last week about this Loreal stuff (can't remember the name of it!) that is supposed to help combat cellulite and apparently reduce the circumference of your thighs by 2cm.
    Anyway this article basically said that it really does work, and they're planning to start selling it behind the counter now because there seem to be special chemicals in it that shouldn't allow it to be sold on the shelf.

this is being tested on gmtv-they said it was the best and i think they are currently testingt. could be wrong tho as i was half asleep!

I use the dove firming cream bnut it don't do nowt really-prob as i don't use it twice daily or something, i did use the nivea firming cream but i dont think these are so much anticellulite!

oh and body brushing helps i think due to circulation and stuff
    My mum is very into the whole anti-cellulite thing so she tells me constantly how to get rid of it. Use salts to scrub down your body in the shower to exfoliate your skin and fight cellulite. You can also add rosemary oil to a loofah mitt when your are scrubbing cellulite-prone areas. It's a natural diuretic that works with steam and hear to release body of excess water, a cellulite contributor. She has been getting endermologie for a long time and she says it works pretty good. It's a massage and suction system thing that improves the appearance of it. It's approved by the FDA so that's why she keeps going back to it. the doctor told her that getting the endermologie ruptures the fat cells so they flatten and can't fill up again. It also stretches the connective tissue that pulls the skin inward which causes the "dimple" to appear. The cost of it is from $80 -$100 per session. and you have to have a commitment of fifteen sessions. My mum so far has had 2 inches of fat removed from each thigh.

Like many of you have said, yes coffee grounds work. My mum has been in the tub in the morning quite often with plenty of newspaper below her. She uses warm coffee beans so if the beans come cold, she puts them in the microwave to warm them up. She lets them set for a few minutes with plastic wrap around the grounds. Then she brushes them vigorously off in the shower with a loofah.

Taking the pills L-Carnitine and coenzyme Q 10. The L-Carnitine pulls out the fat of the fat cells so they empty and flatten out while the coenzyme Q 10 carries the fat into the muscle and other body cells so it can be burned into energy.

My mum also takes this pill called Cellasene. It's the "newest cellulite wonder." It is a form of seaweed and its high in iodine, and that stimulates the thyroid, boosting your metabolism.
    best way to get rid of cellulite is to drink plenty of liquids. Preferably water, but squash is fine. Drink about 2 litres a day and in my experience it definitely reduces cellulite. I cant always be bothered, but I did it for a while, and made a point of drinking a glass everytime i went into the kitchen - it made my cellulite practically disappear.
    Just remembered what that stuff is called... Loreal Perfectaslim -
    it really is meant to work, but you'll have a tough job finding it as it keeps selling out in boots and superdrug since the media attention it received!
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Just remembered what that stuff is called... Loreal Perfectaslim -
    it really is meant to work, but you'll have a tough job finding it as it keeps selling out in boots and superdrug since the media attention it received!

I use this one and it is quite good! Here we have 2 kinds, 1 for day time & 1 for night time! After 2 weeks the results are quite visible!