Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In-growing hairs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know how to remove in-growing hairs? I have 1 on my bikini line, it's not sore, but it's made a big lump, and - here comes the gross bit - when i touch it, lots of blood and pus seems to come out. It's been there for a while now... anyone know any ways of getting them out?! Thanks x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm assuming that this is a similar method... Ka-pow
    I always get one in the same place on my knee. I get a sharp needle or a pair of tweezers and dig it out. It doesn't really hurt because of where it is and it has never been infected either.

Not sure if I would recommend the same to you because of where it is though.
    You sure its an in-grown hair with it being infected?
    i get them every once in a while down there,i just pop it,and yes puss comes out but then there is just a mark for a day or two then it is gone,and if it keeps coming back up you might want to get it checked out,good luck with it!
    How did you get one on your bikini line?? Do you shave it or wax or did it just appear? get a swab of alcohol to ingrown hairs daily, IF you waxed because that helps avoid infection and the red bumps. By shaving over each area only once will help stop the ingrown hairs before they start. Change your shaving blades regularly to prevent bacteria from building up and contributing the infection. When you do shave, shave slowly and carefully, pulling the skin taut as you go. Go buy an abrasive pad and use it in a warm shower to open your pores.

It sounds like a bit of a rash though. So get a compress of whole milk and apply that for about 5 minutes. But if the rash gets worse, ask a dermatologist for a prescription of Erythromycn. apply that and let it sit for twenty minutes then rinse off. IF you waxed, apply yogurt to the irritated area for about 10 to 15 minutes. and you can also blot a wet tea bag on the affected area. :thumb:
    thanks everyone! I do get a few in-growing hairs from shaving my bikini line, but they are normally easy to pull out... bit worried as i can't even see the hair, but i know it's in there!

if it's not an in-growing hair, what else could it be?
    It really does sound like an ingrowing hair, quite common when shaving bikini line i'm afraid. I've heard tendhair is good for stopping shaving rash and ingrowing hairs. Must admit tweezers are usually what i resort to when faced with the problem not sure if i should suggest that though as that could be a beauty faux-pas :rolleyes: