Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Saas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello has anyone applied through the SAAS website for their student loan. I am finding the process confusing. Also when is the closing date? Should I have done it by now?

It asks for a reference no. only thing is I don't have one and don't know where to find it either.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Saas
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Hello has anyone applied through the SAAS website for their student loan. I am finding the process confusing. Also when is the closing date? Should I have done it by now?

It asks for a reference no. only thing is I don't have one and don't know where to find it either.

i have applied throught the SAAS for the last 5 years but i have never done it through the website. if you get a paper copy of the form then they provide a booklet with instructions and guidelines for filling the form in which may help you.

the form is one of the most complicated forms i have ever filled in. if youa re applying for tuiton fees (im still on the old system so not sure about new students) then it needs to be done fairly quickly. however, if you are just applying for a loan you can do that at any time, even during term time.

good luck :)
  • Options
    The closing date for support for the 2004/05 year will be next summer. However, if you want your finances to be sorted before the beginning of term you'll have to get the forms in pretty soon. Just for peace of mind if nothing else.

I know that my uni charges 10% for every three months that tuition fees go unpaid, so the sooner you have your letter from the SAAS the better.

On the paper forms the registration no. is only used if you've made a successful application the previous year. It's so the SAAS can keep records etc.

If you're still stuck give me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help, even if it's just faffing about on the site. I'm not suprised you're confused, it took me about three weeks to sort out my last application.
  • Options
    Getting a paper copy is easier than doing it online I find. I am just doing mine now.