Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

downolading photos from camera

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh NO, what have i done ?

The photos wont download :(

The green light comes on when its supposed to be downloading but when I go to where the images are supposed to be it says drive E is not ready or sommat :(

HELP !!!!!

Comments

• Options
    On my camera you have to have it switched to a certain setting to get it to work. Its yours the same? If so check it.
    Also check its all plugged in ok.
    Another thing dont plug camera in until computers fully on.

Probably no help but hey.
  • Options
    alternatively some cameras need to camera to be turned off before you connect them, try it each way.
  • Options
    Just as a matter of interest what is the make and model of teh camera ??

Like has been said sometimes they need to be turned off first then connected up then turned on, my old fuji used to be like that and my nikon now is the same. Alo there is usually a specific mode the camera should be in.. have you got it correctly there?

dunno if any of that helps or not hope you get it sorted :)
  • Options
    What software you using to edit your pics at the mo??
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.

Its an Olympus Camedia C-1

Ive tried connecting it, then switching it on and im getting the green light which means it should be downloading the info.....only its not ?
    Im supposed to click on My Computer, open removable disc E, open 'Dcim' folder, open the '100olymp' folder and I should be able to view the images.
    I hope I haven't stuffed it up......he'll knack me when he gets in :nervous:

I use MGI Photosuite.

thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    maybe you're doing it fine but have deleted all the photos? :p Or maybe it's a temperemental memory card?