Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Such a failure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I have my interview today and guess what I wasn't succesfull. I feel like such a failure, I will never get a job at this rate

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Poor you. You're not a failure, just keep looking and applying and you'll find a job. Good Luck.
    I am. I have applied for so many jobs and I either get no reply, rejected or don't pass the interview. Nobody wants to employ me. I must be doing something wrong or maybe it is just me. :(
    aww hun chin up!! When ur feeling a bit better, why don't you contact the company that interviewed you, and ask for some feedback to see where you are going wrong?
    Originally posted by Joolyknockers
    aww hun chin up!! When ur feeling a bit better, why don't you contact the company that interviewed you, and ask for some feedback to see where you are going wrong?

My friend failed an interview and then wrote the interviewer a letter thanking them and also sayign how disappointed he was and to bear him i mind for future positions.

Guess what they called him back after getting the letter and gave him an even better job then the first one.
    The lady gave me some feed back on where I was going wrong which I found really helpfull so hopefully in future I will know what to do next time I get an interview.

I really wish schools prepared you more for this kind of thing.
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    My friend failed an interview and then wrote the interviewer a letter thanking them and also sayign how disappointed he was and to bear him i mind for future positions.

Guess what they called him back after getting the letter and gave him an even better job then the first one.

That sounds like a good idea but I wouldn't even know where to send it to or anything.
    OK I wrote a letter for M&S but I was wondering can someone please take a look to see if it is ok and if they think anything should be changed then please tell me.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing this letter to thank you for taking the time to interview me on the 22nd of June 2004. Although I am disappointed that I was unsuccessful I hope that you keep me on record and bear me in mind for any future positions that may arise. Thank you again.

What do you think?
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    OK I wrote a letter for M&S but I was wondering can someone please take a look to see if it is ok and if they think anything should be changed then please tell me.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing this letter to thank you for taking the time to interview me on the 22nd of June 2004. Although I am disappointed that I was unsuccessful I hope that you keep me on record and bear me in mind for any future positions that may arise. Thank you again.

What do you think?

Hey hun! Instead of saying "on record", maybe put "in your records". That's all I can think of, otherwise it sounds really good.
    Oooh thats a good idea about the thank-you letter type thing. How old are you lil miss? Just wondering. I had the same problem, alothough i have finally got a job now, some places either didnt bother to ring me back or write back to me, its a bit rude innit. Im 15 (16 in 2ish weeks).
    I am 17, 18 in sept.
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I am 17, 18 in sept.

ooo, not the same problem as me then. :p