Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

*sigh* she's gone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I posted a message up here about 3 weeks saying my girlfriend was going away for 3 weeks and I'd find it really tough.

Well she went this morning :( It's been a horrible last week, loads of tears from here but I was ok. However last night and today I crumbled! We are madly in love (I'm 100% certain) and things are great. We've never argued and get on really well. We know what the only reason why we will miss eachother so much is because we love eachother but it still hurts.

22 days I've got to go without seeing her and it's going to be awful. I'm trying to keep myself busy all the time and taking each hour as it comes.

Unfortunately, it looks like her phone might not work over there. She said she would text me as soon as she landed but that was an hour ago. (checked, it has landed after a 8 hour flight!)

Sorry, to moan. People have bigger problems than this! It's not really a problem being in love and she being in love with me, but it still hurts!

Can't wait till it's over :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't worry about it, it'll end. The same thing happened with me 2 years ago, and I did the whole romantic, turning-up-at-the-airpost-at-the-last-minute thing before she flew off, and then the next week I was off to America for 2 months... . So long as you try and chat every day or every other day, it'll fly in. I defo recommend you try and keep yourself busy, at least for the first week or so. After that, things seem a bit better and the pain ain't so bad. But yeah, it's only 3 weeks.
    Well it's America where she's gone. Fortunately I'm going to Italy for a week in the middle week of the 3 so that will break it up a bit but chatting looks like it will be awkward :(

I know it's only 3 weeks, but when I think back to what i was doing 3 weeks ago, it's seems ages ago.
    arg last year I went to america for four weeks, my boyfriend was at home, and i missed him sooo much!!

to make matters worse, although it should've been a wicked holiday (i did the whole florida-disneyworld thing, then to washington DC) my family were just arguing the whole time, especially my mum and dad (who split up soon after...), so i was really depressed and missed him even more!!

so i know how you feel :(

but, on the bright side, it's the most *amazing* feeling when you see each other again, well worth the wait :)
    Aww, someone i know has only gone for a week, miss him :(
    I leave for Brazil on Saturday, until September and I'm really dreading saying goodbye to my boyfriend. :(

To make things worse he's going to Austria a few days after I get back too! The longest we've been apart for is a week, so it's going to be really weird not seeing him or being able to speak to him much.

We're both just looking forward to going back to Uni so we can see each other everyday. :D

But yes, I feel stupid for moaning about the situation to people. It's not as if it's forever but it's still hard. :(
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    I leave for Brazil on Saturday, until September and I'm really dreading saying goodbye to my boyfriend. :(

To make things worse he's going to Austria a few days after I get back too! The longest we've been apart for is a week, so it's going to be really weird not seeing him or being able to speak to him much.

We're both just looking forward to going back to Uni so we can see each other everyday. :D

But yes, I feel stupid for moaning about the situation to people. It's not as if it's forever but it's still hard. :(

Course it's not stupid, you have a right to moan!!

Well I'm going to uni in september, and my boyfriend's staying here. That's gonna be awful....

And even if we broke up and I got another boyfriend, my third year is spent abroad, so that's a year apart from everyone! arg :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by *hellie*

I would :(
    The time will fly by, just try to enjoy your freedom. :p

Plus, think about how nice it'll be when she gets back and she might even get you a present. :D
    It really is awful! She said she would text me as soon as she lands but I haven't received anything. I know it's probably becasue her phone doesn't work over there (but I thought it would do?) but I can't help but worry "Has she sent me a text and I haven't received them and she thinks I'm ignoring her and she will be worried sick"

I've sent her 3 texts saying I hope she is ok and hope that she receives my messages. I've also sent her an e-mail explaining that i haven't received anything so I'm hopngi she finds a cyber cafe because she was going to e-mail her mum!

Well, another day nearly over and I've kept quite bust but I cried this morning at work of all places! I had to run to the tiolet looked in the mirror and said "Bloody hell, pull yourself together. Things will be fine and she loves me" but it's hard.

Argh!

I'd pay a fortune now to see her and have cuddle!

Yes, I'm a sensitive "modern" man. People say "enjoy the freedom" but it's not freedom because I'm constantly thinking about her!