Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Black heads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have blackheads on my chest area does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Comments

• Options
    I really wish I did. The only place I have spots is on my nose and they're blackheads and they won't budge!
  • Options
    Re: Black heads
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I have blackheads on my chest area does anyone know how to get rid of them?
    I think it's Clean and Clear or Nutrogena that does an all-over body wash, which is quite good.

I occasionally use cleanser on my chest area if I know I have to wear a low top for a special outfit. I know it's weird but it works.
  • Options
    clean and clear has a blackhead astrengent(sp?) it works extremly well i've found and i'm sure it can be used on more areas than just the face.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I really wish I did. The only place I have spots is on my nose and they're blackheads and they won't budge!
    I had an oddly big one next to my nose and it was REALLY pissing me off. So I got a needle and did it myself! With care it didn't hurt or anything and it has never come back there!;)
  • Options
    Get 1/4 cup of boiling water and mix it with one teaspoon of Epsom salt and three drops of iodine. Let the mixture cool until its comfortable to touch. Dip a cotton ball in it for a few seconds then dab it on your blackheads. it allows them to loosen so they can be easily squeezed out with a guaze pad. ;)
  • Options
    I wouldn't recomend getting it out though. It leaves an open pour and bacteria can get in there and cause another zit. There are many facial scrubs designed for blackheads which work much better.
  • Options
    Quite a while back my hubby suffered with blackheads and i bought this metal thing which has a hole on one end. Anyway put the hole over the blackhead and press it quite firmly over the blackhead, the blackhead comes out and hey presto its clear :D
    Its a thing I bought form Boots or Superdrug ? its a proper blackhead remover thing and it did work for my hubby.
  • Options
    i could never get it to work! must have been doing it wrong!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    i could never get it to work! must have been doing it wrong!

I used to do it for my hubby, if he was to do it himself chances are it might not have worked.
    It used to leave a mark on his face where id pressed but after a couple of hours it had gone and so had the blackheads. He never gets them now.
  • Options
    I'll have to buy another one and have a go!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Quite a while back my hubby suffered with blackheads and i bought this metal thing which has a hole on one end. Anyway put the hole over the blackhead and press it quite firmly over the blackhead, the blackhead comes out and hey presto its clear :D
    Its a thing I bought form Boots or Superdrug ? its a proper blackhead remover thing and it did work for my hubby.

Sounds painful!Did it hurt?
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1andonly
    Sounds painful!Did it hurt?

He said it hurt a bit. But if you can imagine squeezing a spot Id think its pretty much the same.
    As I said earlier it was me who did it, so if he had done it himself it may not have been as effective. I could position it so it was in the right place and just basically pushed it over the blackhead without any messing. The whole of the blackhead comes out when you use this thing.
    Slightly different but in principle it works the same way as waxing, if you do it yourself it kills, someone else does it for you and you let them get on with it they do it a lot faster.....if you know what I mean, so its not as painful as if you had done it yourself :)
  • Options
    What is this thing actually called? 'Black head remover'? Can somebody find it on the internet or something...? What Boots sections would it be found in?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Davy
    What is this thing actually called? 'Black head remover'? Can somebody find it on the internet or something...? What Boots sections would it be found in?

this is not the exact one as what i bought and also the one I bought was probably half the price HERE

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    That thing looks quite good becky. Normally though i use witchazel products. I know i mention them a lot, but they work well for me :)
  • Options
    they also have them in the bodyshop.

I get them on my nose but sometimes i think they are just blocked or dirty pores-whats the difference? Or am i completely missing the fact that they are ALL blackheads? surely not every pore on my nose can be?