Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Robin Cook and Harry Enfeld on Question Time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just thought those who appreciate ol Rob and Harry might want to turn on the telly.

Feel free to delete this thread at any time after the show...

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Been watching until now but the question are becoming more and more dull... I had hoped for a question on Iraq and Cook's comments on it.

Still time for one question I think so there's hope.

Incidentally, they just said that they're going to have a special edition on July 8th in London and have asked for 15 to 25 years old to be part of the audicence. Those of you young enough ( :mad: ;) ) to fit in that age bracket should give it a go. I went once and quite enjoyed the experience.
    Well looks like your waiting payed off ;)
    And as I was typing the Iraq question came on... good old Cook performed well.
    So did Enfield in his simple manner.
    Are you watching through the net or on satellite?
    Belgium being the crossroads of Europe that it is I get most of the main channels from across Europe on cable telly. BBC 1 and 2 and the world service as well as Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Greek, etc. channels.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Belgium being the crossroads of Europe that it is I get most of the main channels from across Europe on cable telly. BBC 1 and 2 and the world service as well as Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Greek, etc. channels.

Yeah its great! European TV is crap though. Even worse than American free to air TV.
    Of course i wouldnt hold most of the continental programming (talk and variety shows with scantily clad hostesses) as any pinnacle of entertainment (also because I dont speak Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, etc.) but I wouldnt call it as bad as the commercial drenched (every 5 minutes literally) programming of US domestic television.

At least with most European stations, one can enjoy a good film with perhaps at most two commercial pauses in the course of an hour and a half or even the routine series show with one such pause in a 45 minute time period.

Goes for most of Europe, not just Belgium :)
    That's true... Last time I watched a Simpsons episode in the US they managed to squeeze in three commercial breaks.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Been watching until now but the question are becoming more and more dull... I had hoped for a question on Iraq and Cook's comments on it.

Still time for one question I think so there's hope.

Incidentally, they just said that they're going to have a special edition on July 8th in London and have asked for 15 to 25 years old to be part of the audicence. Those of you young enough ( :mad: ;) ) to fit in that age bracket should give it a go. I went once and quite enjoyed the experience.

Got a webby Al? I seem to have an ability to tell MP's what i think of them..... ;)
    There you are.

I guess you just have to contact them by the usual means and tell them you want to be there for the July 8th programme.
    Of course i wouldnt hold most of the continental programming (talk and variety shows with scantily clad hostesses) as any pinnacle of entertainment (also because I dont speak Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, etc.) but I wouldnt call it as bad as the commercial drenched (every 5 minutes literally) programming of US domestic television.

At least with most European stations, one can enjoy a good film with perhaps at most two commercial pauses in the course of an hour and a half or even the routine series show with one such pause in a 45 minute time period.

oooh I dunno about that, I think I'd prefer to watch american free to air Tv than continental european. They are both utterly crap though.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    There you are.

I guess you just have to contact them by the usual means and tell them you want to be there for the July 8th programme.

Thanks I will be sure to check it out, I will make sure to tell you if im on :D

Edit to add: I have just applied to go on. :)
    Sweet, maybe youll tell us what question youll ask so we can pick you out of the crowd? ;)
    Sweet, maybe youll tell us what question youll ask so we can pick you out of the crowd? ;)

of course, I dont know what i would ask yet. I put in the application possibly about Tony Blairs leadership of Labour. Depends whos on it though.

Im sure i will wear one my t-shirts with a political message anyhow ;)
    Hmm that will give us the possibility of picking you out of a lineup of roughly what, 100 highschool and university students each with political t-shirts on? ;)
    Hmm that will give us the possibility of picking you out of a lineup of roughly what, 100 highschool and university students each with political t-shirts on? ;)

It is likely either to be 'Red Ken' or 'Fashion Against Fascism' :p
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Thanks I will be sure to check it out, I will make sure to tell you if im on :D

Edit to add: I have just applied to go on. :)
    I was in the audience for the one recorded in Gloucester a few months back (Beverly Hughes was on, and we gave her pretty hard time, cynical as we are :) ). The producer should ring you up the week before, and ask you a few questions about your politics, special interests, etc. If you do get on, the preparations and sound checks (including a dummy run with members of the audience sitting at the table and fielding silly questions) are an experience in themselves...
    How about wearing this Renzokuken:

thumbnail_tony_nowww.jpg

Or perhaps this:

thumbnail_dubya_long.jpg