Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

clearing/choices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
was at uni (huddersfield). dropped out at xmas cos it was rubbish (course, town, people, everything). i realised i didnt know what to do with my life. now decided to go back (after "pressure" from la familia :rolleyes: )

was looking at economics (prev. doing business managment, we did an ec. module which i strangely enjoyed) and ive cut my choices down to the final 5...

northumbria
leeds met
sheffield hallam
nottingham trent
liverpool

i have friends from home/school in leeds, nottingham and sheffield, they all say i should go to their uni, its my decision in the end but i really don't know where to go. anybody's experiences at above uni's would be a great help!

what exactly happens on the clearing lines (not re-applied thru ucas) cos i dont want to ring them up, nervous as it is and not knowing what to say...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    muchas gracias :)

been thinking about it, dont know why but the more i think about it the more i actually want to go to northumbria. it is a bit out of the way (3hrs on the train?!:crazyeyes ) but maybe a fresh start somewhere new is what i need. i'll drop them a line, see what they say...
  • Options
  • Options
    to answer the claering question:

In my experiance - with me, some friends and still the advise that I know a couple of schools give....

If you don't get the choice you want - phone alternativs directly - it is quicker, simpler than the offical process. Shows your desrive to get to "that" university - and you may be supprised.....

A real example: I missed my grades, but phoned a univeristy knowing I had missed the grades but tried anyway - and they took me!!! I had a very ahppy 3 years, and then stayed for another 3 and now doing a distance lecture cource!!!!

FO
  • Options
    Originally posted by funkyone
    to answer the claering question:

In my experiance - with me, some friends and still the advise that I know a couple of schools give....

If you don't get the choice you want - phone alternativs directly - it is quicker, simpler than the offical process. Shows your desrive to get to "that" university - and you may be supprised.....

A real example: I missed my grades, but phoned a univeristy knowing I had missed the grades but tried anyway - and they took me!!! I had a very ahppy 3 years, and then stayed for another 3 and now doing a distance lecture cource!!!!

FO

how much did you miss the grades by?