Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

P 60

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I was curious as i heard that everyone is entitled to some sort of pay back from the inland revenue....

is this true.. i dont want to send it off and it be a waste of time
but on the otherhand i have nothing to loose...

hmmm what to do :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: P 60
    Originally posted by aimz
    i heard that everyone is entitled to some sort of pay back from the inland revenue....
    Ur... not everyone is. Only those who paid too much tax to the Inland Revenue in the first place. Look up the code of your local tax office and contact them to discuss it.

This might help

I got a couple of hundred quid back from then last year but I knew that I'd paid too much tax in the first place due to my work situation. Just had to fill in a couple of stupidly long and fairly irrelevant seeming forms that they sent me and then they posted me a cheque.
    Here is the page that gives the contact details of all the local tax offices:

Find your local tax office
    Yeah sometimes even if you are working part-time and are entitled to receieve your pay tax free, they tax you anyway and then pay it back at the end of the financial year, which is when you would send of to claim it back.
    Hiya,

If u send in your P60 they will assess the year in question and repay any taxed owed. Check the bottom of the P60 to see if you actually paid any tax...if you paid no tax then obvoiusly no repayment is due.

Also check to see if your tax code has and "x" beside it, if there is an "x" it means you were taxed on a non cumaltive basis, and you may be due a repayment, especially if you were working sporadically during the year.

There is nothing to lose except the price of a stamp, and your P60 will be sent back to you!

Hope that helps!
    I got taxed over £700 this month, fucks sake!

I'm going to do a thread about this somewhere!
    If you work for a Temp agency many times you will be put on code 461L W1 or M1, now this is a 'week one' or 'month one' code and it assumes that you will and have been earning that much all year so taxes you so.

However if you havent been earning that all year the likelyhood is that you have been over taxed.