Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need a life...

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I was just at some "high school reunion" with my old classmates, and right now I feel worse than I usually do.
These people have changed! C, who was after a different girl each week, is in a stable relationship for almost a year now. E is almost getting married (not literally). S managed to let the whole time I was there pass without making the sound of a duck. Ch still plays football like a maniac, but he's grown a lot more serious (not exactly a good thing, but that's beside the point). D (the only one I've kept contact with, unlike most others who still meet) always has something planned and needs to go after some time. And all that in not even a full year.
Only I have remained the same lonely, almost-never-speaking, no-life, low-IQ nerd I was back then. I talk to different people and I spend most of my time in different surroundings, but it's almost as if someone used cut-and-paste to put me there. I still can't bring myself to ask anyone for their phone number, I still spend my non-school/uni time at home alone, I still feel the same things I felt then.
I need a bleeping change. Not in my life, if I change myself that will follow. I need to not feel so alone. I need someone (or, even better, some people) that I can trust, who will trust me. I need to spend sometime without always having my mind on what I could be doing, because I would be doing it.

Sorry for the rant. I don't really expect to hear anything amazing, as I doubt there's any advice on this I haven't already heard. I needed to tell all that to someone.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go to a decent nighclub,meet some people,theres a lot of intresting people out there that will change your life for the better,i did this and have never looked back,and by the way the nightclubs im talking about are not the type you will find up your local high street im talking ones that play house musc,know what i mean.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by NITEFLY
    go to a decent nighclub,meet some people,theres a lot of intresting people out there that will change your life for the better,i did this and have never looked back,and by the way the nightclubs im talking about are not the type you will find up your local high street im talking ones that play house musc,know what i mean.
    The problem runs deeper than that. For one, I don't think many people of my age go to anywhere like that, and I really don't fit in other kinds of nighclubs (though I'd like to). Also, even if I were there, I'd probably still sit at some corner and do nothing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor - I don't think you seem like a nerd, I think you seem like a genuine nice guy with low self confidence. Once you can start to like yourself for who you are and see past your 'faults' then you can begin to move forward and concentrate on making yourself happy. You really cannot be happy until you accept your lot in life.