Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

european constitution

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tony Blair doesnt seem intrested in what the British public think about the european constitution but i am. so what do you think? are you for or against?

Comments

• Options
    Re: european constitution
    Originally posted by peachesandcream
    Tony Blair doesnt seem intrested in what the British public think about the european constitution but i am. so what do you think? are you for or against?

For.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Against. Very much so. The fact that Blair is ignoring the public tells me there is something fishy about all this. There's also the war in Iraq with Bush and bush's involvement with Israel.
    I think something is going on behind the scenes. Are you really that naive that you don't realise this?

Or maybe youre just paranoid and everything is as it seems? Or maybe the truth is somewhere in between?

Im against it, it gives away too much power to an unelected body (commission). The government has lied about it so much already that I can't see it being accepted. Remember last year when Peter Hain said it was "just a tidying up exercise", my arse! Its a fundamental shift of power to Brussels. Which is not intrinsically a bad thing, its just that the EU in its present form is so corrupt, innefecient and undemocratic.
  • Options
    Against, I ask what was the point of the regional assemblies if all the power is going to Europe?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    ... it is them who are setting the direction via the architecture of thier political policies and control of the financial world. I'm not sure what gives them the sole right to do this...

I like to think its because we vote for them, but I suppose you might say that democracy is a sham and we can't really choose between leaders.

You don't happen to read any David Icke books do you?

Or believe that George Bush and the queen are lizards?

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    You sound like David Icke!

He's always on about freemasonry, secret government plots and err, lizards (:confused: )...

I dont think this discussion will make much sense to anyone else:eek2: