Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A levels - All Done!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I took my last Philosophy exam this morning, and now I'm finished with my A Levels... :D

Personally, I think that learning 2 years worth of Philosophy is pointless considering it's really only 4 questions in the end that show what you've learned. Most of the Philosophy and Ethics I've learned didn't even come up in the exam so most of the syllabus was a waste of time really... meh...

So, who's finished?

Ilora x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not me :( I still have 5 to take. And my last one isnt until July 1st *wishes she had finished already*
    2 more to go, finish on friday at 3pm! can't wait to get out this house and go party!!!
    Aww that sucks...

I'm kinda finishing early, because I'm only doing 2 A Levels lol...

Ilora x
    Already done one A-level, now 'cause I'm a 3rd year I've done an AS and an AVCE. Having said that, have 1 A-level general studies exam left.
    had my 6th exam today...Geography Synoptic. 2 more to go, finish on 29th woooo.
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    Not me :( I still have 5 to take. And my last one isnt until July 1st
    Me too :( I'm past the half way mark now though.
    I still got 4 to go and they dont end til next Thursday :( Most of my friends will be having fun or on holiday while im revising.
    Got my Last Exam this Thursday Afternoon (Business Studies) so yay :D

Then everyone is gonig out Friday to celebrate D
    Wow, thank the lord I don't do any English exam board exams! Mine all finished 2 weeks ago! *feels sickeningly smug* :p
    Geography Synoptic
    Was that Edexcel Geography B, about Cliffe airport in Kent? I had that today, it wasn't bad. I have five exams left, and finish 30th June. A wise person decided to put our prom on the 25th, when not all exams are finished, so i can't even get that pissed. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Luce
    Was that Edexcel Geography B, about Cliffe airport in Kent?

nope mine was Edexcel A, about development in Durban in South Africa. Wasnt too bad though yipee
    I finished about 2 weeks ago! Ahh happiest day of my life lol! I fucking think they're pointless tho, all that hard work and stress and in the end it basically depends on the good/bad mood of the examiners and all the papers get shredded afterwards!
    Tomorrow. 10:30. Loads of beer.
    Not me :( I still have 5 to take. And my last one isnt until July 1st *wishes she had finished already*

arg me too!!! it sucks, i have to wait the whole week just to do one stupid spanish exam in the afternoon on thursday.

at least i'm not the only one...
    finished finished finished! had a bitch of a biology exam, and an interesting spanish exam and now i can't wipe the smile off my face!!! 3 months of freeeeeeedom!! :D:D:D
    Completely free of college and A levels as of 10:45 AM today. Did a bitch of a history exam and now feel the need to get absolutely plastered.
    Originally posted by ryoko_rock
    arg me too!!! it sucks, i have to wait the whole week just to do one stupid spanish exam in the afternoon on thursday.

at least i'm not the only one...

What topics are you doing for the writing? (thats what my exam is on thursday too!)
    What topics are you doing for the writing? (thats what my exam is on thursday too!)

umm well it can be on anything!! last friday had my literature which was on Lorca and Las Ataduras... and this Thursday, all I know is I will have to do an essay on something!! plus my listening and reading n writing exam.

But we've been doing topics like roles of women, drugs, immigration...

arg all stuff i know nothing about :confused:
    Ah-you might be doing a different exam board to us then. On friday I had my reading/listening/translation paper, but this week I have my written paper, which will be on the Spanish Civil War (eeurgh) or Spanish Cinema since 1960, which is cool. Unfortunately, my teacher was somewhat crap so Ive had to basically learn the whole lot myself.
    Just had my 'Political Ideas and Concepts' retake. One more exam left to go.......
    I finished on the 25th! Am now just waiting for 19th august for the results to find out if i got into uni or not.... :nervous:
    Ah-you might be doing a different exam board to us then. On friday I had my reading/listening/translation paper, but this week I have my written paper, which will be on the Spanish Civil War (eeurgh) or Spanish Cinema since 1960, which is cool. Unfortunately, my teacher was somewhat crap so Ive had to basically learn the whole lot myself.

same with my teacher!! she hardly went through the lorca plays we did at all grrr....

well, good luck for tomorrow!
    Unfortunately, my teacher was somewhat crap

must be something about spanish teachers!! Mine was crap too! How did you find the paper on Friday? You doing AQA board?
    Right I am done now. :) Had my last exam this afternoon, I hope it went ok my place at uni kind of depends on it...
    Originally posted by natos
    must be something about spanish teachers!! Mine was crap too! How did you find the paper on Friday? You doing AQA board?

I didnt think fridays paper was too bad. The match the person to their opinion in the long reading was a bit stupid, and the racist attack listening, but i thought it was good toher that that-I do do AQA btw!

And...IM FINISHED NOW!!! :hyper:
    I wasn't happy when I had my last exam. : |

Probably 'cause I've been there before.
    I didnt think fridays paper was too bad. The match the person to their opinion in the long reading was a bit stupid, and the racist attack listening, but i thought it was good toher that that-I do do AQA btw!

And...IM FINISHED NOW!!! :hyper:

yeah i totally agree about the long reading bit! Translation was suprisingly ok... some of the other reading questions were stupid too, like which country can wash-up the fastest! How random!
    Today is my first day of freedom - and the day of the Leavers' Ball! It's all so perfect, I'm off to paint my fingernails! :p
    Enjoy! :D