Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The 'British' National Anthem

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Someone mentioned Billy Connelly... the best idea he ever had was that we adopt the theme from the Archers as our Nat Anthem.

Dum dee dum dee dum dee dum, da da-da da da da...

Classic.

Sorry if it's been said I lost interest in the racism thing...

lol I have seen his bit on the Anthem ^^ funny as hell.

Also saw the incontanence trousers sketch in the same show :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    The irony being I bet that half of Britain were close to pissing themselves laughing at it...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    lol I have seen his bit on the Anthem ^^ funny as hell.

An Audience with Billy Connelly.

Genius DVD.
  • Options
    Originally posted by UpsetChap
    They had Gods too last time I checked.

Hinduism is poltheistic, Buddhism follow the teachings of Buddha who was human and suffered without desire, pagans are polytheistic, Taoists have a life force, but not a 'God'... So really... the national anthem is 'non-PC' and excludes these people as well as assuming that we should all bum the monarchy by asking God to save her... I mean save her from what? She has enough bloody security. :eek2:

I'm not saying change it as personally I don't give a fuck what patriots wanna sing.
    as a result I'm calling any further Welsh insults racism - just think before you post and don't assume that just because you're talking about the Welsh you can say anything you want.

I agree... if you insult somebody from Pakistan you're 'racist', but not if you insult the Welsh... Funny, isn't it?
  • Options
    If anyother country had a national anthem singing the praises of their head of state we'd call them lunatics.
  • Options
    Slightly off-topic but I just remembered something I heard a while ago. Am I right to say that the Union Jack does not belong to the country but to the Royal Family, and that theoretically anyone flying the Union Jack should seek permission first from Brenda?