Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

weird...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i used 2 smoke punk alot but it never relly agreed wit me, so i stopped... it made me have 3 signs of schizophrenia and all this paranoia and stuff. but even tho ive given up i sumtimes get that feeling again, like i ''loose sense of reality'' and i cant tlk properly its well weird, or i go a bit crazy... lyk wen ur stoned u no lol... anyway i was just wondering if anyone else has this aswell? and if any one knows why? lyk is it anything 2 do with punk or is it just my mental state? coz im well worried and last night i was relly scared that i was gonna die :eek2: thanks xXxXXXx

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry, your not going to die.

You said yourself there, punk, i take it you mean skunk dosen't agree with you, just lay off it if you don't like what it does to you.

Does mental health problems run in your family or what?

I've never had such problems that you talk about, i just get stoned and that's it.
  • Options
    no i dont think they do, lyk not that i no of... thats wats worrying me coz lyk no1 else seems 2 hav the effects that it gives me, lyk yeh lyk the usual paranoia and stuff but lyk not if they havnt dun it in ages?! lyk one of my mates sed its lyk theres still (that drug in draw) still in ur blood and so even if u dont do it any more but u used 2 lyk u can feel stoned months aftr u did it last? lyk evry now and agen... is this tru? its so confusing!!! lol xxxxxxx
  • Options
    i'm 99% sure your mates talking crap but i get that loosing sense of reality thingy all the time and you get all dizzy and think your gonna faint but i still smoke dope, i don't know what it is, ask bong he might know
  • Options
    I got that even before I smoked cannibus, course I have panic disorder, but anyway...

It's the sensation of being out-of-body, kind of like an anaesthetic. It's caused mainly by a quick surge of adrenaline and your anxiety receptors igniting the "fight or flight" response. It's a side affect of the over induced amount of adrenaline and your fight or flight response.

The fight or flight response is your body's was of instantly combatting a dangerous situation. Since you aren't normally in these, the added adrenaline can push your anxiety levels too far and make your brain think it's time to fight or flee. That then triggers the side affects "out of body" experiances, panic, confusion, feeling as if one is about to faint, or go crazy. Don't worry much about it. Just take some calming exercises and, when in doubt, go see your GP if you think it's that serious.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi there sexey_lil_V, it sounds like you may be experiencing anxiety or panic attacks, but that is just my opinion. I would advise you to go see your GP, or call NHS Direct and explain your symptoms.

I'm sure there is something that can be done, and the more you think about it the more stressed you will get - it is always better to know because then you can deal with it.

I do think it would be a good idea not to smoke as it sounds like it will make your symptoms worse.

Oh, and I hate to hassle you, but please please don't use text speak - the reasons why are at the bottom of TheSite's Good Manners Guide. Cheers!
  • Options
    o ok, im very sorry for using text language, its out of habit now! even when im writing an english report lol. umm.... yes, i do frequently suffer from panic attacks but the experiences i have are different to wat my panic attacks feel like... but thankyou for all of your help!!! xxx
  • Options
    so your getting the effects without paying! there has to be a law against this ...
    see your doc ...it could be something that can and should be nipped in the bud.
    lay of the chemical enjoyments as well ...at least till you have talked to a pro.
  • Options
    yeah, let the doctor see what he/she thinks is wrong. never let it stop you smoking weed all day, and getting really, really stoned like i am right now though.:p
  • Options
    So she is experiencing what could be a serious mental health problem (but could well not be) and your suggesting she should continue?

Not entirely wise advise.

As for it still being in the body, yes it is, but no its not active. Cannabis is fat soluble so it leaves the body very slowly taking up to 6 weeks to leave fully.
  • Options
    that's why i said see the doctor first...