Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

work :( :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I posted this on anything goes! then scrolled down and saw this board on work!

I dont really know where to start with this. A while ago at work I felt like everything was comingtogether and I was learning the ropes. My manager praised me saying that it was obvious that I gave 110% amd that it was the right job for me. Then both my manager and my senior praised me and it felt good. Last week I had a really bad week and burst into tears in front of both of them and they asked what was wrong so I said i felt everything was getting me down. They said that they will give me whatever support is needed.
Today I had another bad day and got lots of negative feedback, my senior said she is concerned at my progress and there needs to be a vast improvement. Would you take this as a vieled 'or else'?

I dunno what to think
Rainbow

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would take that as a sign that they are worried that your emotions are going to start affecting your job performance. They are used to you being productive and a great employee, so the change from that to having break-downs at work is going to seem even more drastic to them.

You really should try very hard to not let them see you break-down. Go to the bathroom if you need to cry. Maybe take a few days off from work to sort through some stuff? Talk to your friends about it...

I guess I just always find it a good rule to leave your work at work when you go home, but to do the same with your personal life when you go into work. While it's ok to talk to co-workers and sometimes your boss about problems you're dealing with, they should never get the impression that it is going to interfere with your productivity/performance on the job.

Good luck Rainbow... if you need to post about your other problems that you're dealing with I'm sure you'll get a lot of great advice from people here.