Home Work & Volunteering
Take part in our next Watch Club on 2nd Feb at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the film In the Heights! Sign up to take part and receive your free NOW TV pass!
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Summer Jobs???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey! I finish my GCSE exams on Wednesday (Yay! Finally) and i know that im not legally allowed to start a full-time job until after June 25th, which is fair enough. My dads company are asking for an office skivvy basically, somebody who will answer the phone and do a bit of paper work and filing etc etc and im intrested in doing this job over the summer because i havent got anything better to do other than sit at home until i go back to 6th form in September. I already have a part-time job as a waitress so would i still be allowed to work at my dads company and get paid as well as work at my part-time job and get paid?!

Probably a stupid question but any help is grateful!

Cheers

Millsy_Magic

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yup. Nothing to stop you getting two jobs. If you earn over your tax allowance, be prepared to pay tax (usually if you earn over £4000/yr, remember the year is April-April). Also, if you earn over ~£300 a month, you'll end up paying National Insurance (which isn't much and there's no way out of it).