Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

giggling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it when you first start smoking bud you get the giggles, but after a while you dont???

Ive got memories sitting with friends pissing myself over such stupid things, kids tv was the best to sit and laugh for hours over, now i never get the giggles :(

why does that happen???

Comments

• Options
    I dont know, I think it depends very much on the type of stuff you are smoking.

Most skunk now a days is heavy, picked too late and has a stoney type feel to it, you can tell by the dark coloured hairs.

As for why you would giggle a lot more when you were younger, maybe the adrenaline of doing something naughty, something that your parents could bust you for added to the high. Now when its almost totally normalised the adrenaline isnt there anymore.

I know what you mean, but I do still get the giggles if I can get light weed.
  • Options
    yeh but i used to giggle every single time i smoked when i first started, i do sometimes get giggly bud but its not always the same stuff, it can be dense shit, it can be light and fluffy and all thc'y and yummy, i find its very random what makes me laugh, probably also your state of mind too....

....laughing used to be so funny though!! me and my boyfriend would go round our mates house, my boyfriend didnt really smoke much when i met him and when he did he would laugh and laugh and laugh, tears running down his face, we used to piss ourselves watching him....i dont know anyone who gets giggly anymore, we all just sit there monged
  • Options
    Thats the weed I would say, I'm guessing the hairs on it are a dark orange colour.

The later you pick the heavier the weight, thats why comercial growers leave it. But the level of CBD rises in comparison with THC.

THC is the halluciogen and CBD is a narcotic with sedative properties.

So THC without the CBD creates the high were you feel about 6 years old and very giggly. CBD creates the sedative, monged stonned feel.
  • Options
    You just get used to the high too much of smoking the same stuff, i don't get the laughs on soapbar hash at all, used to at the start though. Ive been smoking hash for about 3 years, with some skunk,pollem and different types of weed, the skunk and pollem made me laugh alot, the other types of weed were a more heavy stonedness, only sitting there with cabbaged heads,not laughy high at all.
  • Options
    I just got back from Amsterdam on Tuesday. I'm quite a hardened smoker, but I gotta say I was laughing my head off after a visit to a coffee shop that did the lushest hash milkshakes and hot chocolate. I really don't know what came over me! We went down the red light district after the milkshake session and I have never laughed so much in my life....it wasn't even funny!! It was such a nice, happy kinda stoned, rather than the completely cabbaged state I am used to.
  • Options
    i'll have been smoking this shit for 36yrs now ...and i still get the giggles. not as heavy or as often. more introspective these days.
    a lot depends on the company and the situation. same old faces and places wares it down a little. my situations and the faces in them are very varied ...it helps a lot.
    what your smoking is abig factor. intensively grown weed maybe very strong but that's not always the best.
    top quality leaf is the giggliest thing for me.
  • Options
    If you smoke enough soapbar and drink enough as i've found you'll laugh your head off, proper giggles.
  • Options
    You cant beat it when you get the giggles on mushies, you just sit there laughing at fuck all thinking of weird shit thats in your mind or you find a certain object funny.

you really can lose your mind on them things but in the back of your mind theres a voice always guiding you so your know your be alright.
  • Options
    i miss those big hard belly laughs!
  • Options
    i still get the giggles. having been smoking it that long though, and the situation and mood has to be right.