Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another teen dies from pills

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a mate who's been off them for over a year after being a very heavy user. He said his brain still feels slightly fucked, but he did notice a lot of improvements, but over quite a long time. Although hes been smoking cannabis heavily before and since he quit pills, which must contribute to the mashed state of his brain.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    stevey713, first of all well done for being so strong, and good luck with it. I'm not sure what the answer to your question is, but starting on Erowid's page on MDMA I found some links to a study paper on Memory disturbances in "Ecstasy" users are correlated with an altered brain serotonin neurotransmission, which may be quite heavy going, or an article entitled Does ecstasy cause memory deficits?, which may be a good starting point.

I would imagine that one the balance of chemicals is normalised in your brain, you will find things will seem a lot clearer and easier to remember.
  • Options
    well thank you for that ladyjade i never expected praise saying what i felt in this post but i tell you it makes me feel even better. not even my family know and im glad i got back on track without them knowing because i wudnt want to break their heart, although my dad and my mam know i cudnt handle it if my nanna knew. im still staying strong and going on forums like site everyday helps, it helps knowing other people are in your position if not worse so we all try to help eachother on these boards. i really dont wanna fail my a-levels next year, im so scared but as you said just wait and see, i wont go to the docs just yet!. mind you i can safely say i respect the chemical MDMA and not to fuck around with it, moderation is the key and i now know that. thx for that post ladyjade that did really make my day, makes me wanna stay stronger and stay off the E's, which im gonnado. cheers

stevie
  • Options
    That kid was an idiot. All you need is enough to keep you happy.
    Take cannibus for instance, all you need is maybe a bowl or two to get you just high enough so that it's enjoyable. Any more and that's just a waste.

People need to learn control and realize that drugs are drugs for a reason. Just take enough to get you happy, no more, no less.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I started doing pills about 9 years ago now but only started binging around three years ago - aftre I'd finished college. I used to do up to 17 a night and I quite often found tht I'd stay up all the next day and drink my self stupid all the way through the comedown. This went on for ages but within the last year I've pretty much stopped doing pills altoghether. Just getting bored with them fianlly I suppose.

Infact my drug use in general has slowed right down.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    No problem stevey713, its the truth! That said, though, there would be no harm in seeing your doctor as it may help relieve some of your anxieties about your memory - or you could try calling the Lifeline helpline: 0161 392054. What you are doing isn't easy and there is support for you out there if you want it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    I started doing pills about 9 years ago now but only started binging around three years ago - aftre I'd finished college. I used to do up to 17 a night and I quite often found tht I'd stay up all the next day and drink my self stupid all the way through the comedown. This went on for ages but within the last year I've pretty much stopped doing pills altoghether. Just getting bored with them fianlly I suppose.

Infact my drug use in general has slowed right down.

yeah i can relate to all that... you get to a stage where you cant be fucked anymore.

You end up doing more and more and get less back in return not forgetting your body and mind feels like its caving in under the strain.

i remember when i was a heavy cainer my comedowns used to last over a week! just shows how battered my serotonin supplies was. but its hard breaking free of something you take pleasure in doing.