Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How long?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mate applied for a job, and she got an interview wed just gone, she went and the guy who interviewed her said he didnt see a problem with her getting the job. Thing is, its now sunday and she hasnt heard anything. How long til they reply? or will she ave to accept she hasnt got the job? Im asking cuz i dont know, i got told i had my job on the day.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes can take a week, I think.
    She can always phone up and ask if they've made a decision!
    Originally posted by Faith
    She can always phone up and ask if they've made a decision!

:yes: I told her to do that, but shes a whimp! :rolleyes:
    When i worked at matalan they took TWO weeks! an argos told me at the interview
    It can take a little while - a week or two.

If she's following good interviewing protocol, she should have immediately sent them a thank you note for taking the time to interview her. Alternatively, she can try calling later this week to just thank them again for taking the time to meet with her and tell them again how excited she is about the prospect of working for them.

I personally prefer the card because I am also a wimp and hate calling people and saying things like that.
    She rang them up today, they are still interviewing apparently, geez how long does it take?!
    i went for an interview 2 weeks ago and the dude said he was making his mind up the next day. I never heard back, so i figured i hadnt got the job. Then he rang today and offered it to me...so, erm, yeah...it can take a while!
    It can usually take up to two weeks, if they give you a date to expect a response and you don't hear it is always worth calling to find out if a decision has been made.