Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Discrimination!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya :)

I kinda have a problem with my boss! this has only recently happened, we used to get on so well!

Right a found out i was pregnant a few weeks ago, so i told my boss, and she got all the info for me, and was really happy for me, BUT then the next week she was really mean to me telling me im gonna be a bad mum, i'd leave it there crying, wont feed it and just sit around, that really hurt me :( then she bitches behind my back saying i dont do my job properly, which annoyed me coz im the only one actually working in the whil;e she sits and does her "paperwork"!

She has cut my hours down completly, and i dont get my tea-break till the last 30mins of my shift! she trys and makes me do things i should'nt be doing in my condition!
I would talk to my area manager, but they just make it worse!

What should i do??? Please help!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Speak to the Citizens Advice Beauru (sp?) or find another job because that sounds just mean.
    you should find another job i think,what they are doing is just plain wrong
    It shouldn't be down to you to find a new job.

Citizens advice may be able to help you as has already been said.

This might help
    One of my mates in work just found out shes pregnant, and we have like three main manager and its unreal the way theyve started to treat her, where as another person i work with gets all the support, just because she is like 30, an my friends is 18! its not right!:eek2:
    People don't like young girls being pregnant, it's disgusting the way my girlfriend has been treated, even by mid-wives, I've felt like taking my local hospital to pieces on a couple of occasions !!
    I'd ring the Health and Safety Executive number on 08701 545500 and have a word to them. They will be able to inform you of your rights in terms of the law.

Also as others have said contact the CAB.