Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Got an inteview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have got an interview next wednesday and I am so nervouse. Does anyone have any tips for interviews that may help me?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depending upon what type of job you're going for:
    *Be on time
    *Polite, but friendly and relaxed
    *Chatty, but not so they cant get a word in
    *Look smart
    Sorry if they r all really obvious, good luck though :thumb: What's the interview for???
    Also, go the loo b4 you arrive, nothing worse than not being able to pee when you need to :eek:
    Thanks guys :D

Well my interview is for a place called the Factory Shop which is getting make in town.

Also get this, I also another interview arranged for Marks and Spensers, I have already passed the telephone one. I am well chuffed :D
    Hello,

I just got a job recently working in finance, i had 2 interviews which lasted more than 4 hours in total, lol.

So i am happy to pass on my experience to you............

- Learn about the comapany, what they do etc

- Make sure you have a good idea in what your job will entail because they will ask you questions specific to that role

- anticipate questions they may ask, i.e name some situations where you've had to deal with a complaint if its a customer services type job

- drink some water before you go into the interview or if they ask you for a drink dont feel you have to say no. This is because when your nervous your throat/mouth will get dry and you will have trouble communicating clearly (DONT CHEW GUM EITHER)

-your nervous now but once you walk into that office and sit down you will become focused and find that the nervousness dissapates further into the interview

-try to smile and make eye contact, this gives the impression of self confidence

-try to answer there questions with more than a yes or no answer but dont get carried away with non relevant info

-write down some questions that you think you may wanna ask them the night before and memorise them, always have questions to ask which will make you look eager

Hope this helps and good luck :D
    Thanks :D . Also I got a letter through the door today from M&S and I also have a practical interview thing to do. Does anyone have any ideas on what I might have to do?

Also what kind of question could I ask? Just to give me an idea please.
    Shake hands and thank them for their time.

Always finish on a good note, you'll be fine, most interviews are 99% bullshit..

I interview for my company and it's all bollocks, we have an 18 question review, a grammar test etc.. but it's all shit, we say yes or no basically and fill the report in around that..
    What do you think I would have to do for my pratical interview?:confused:
    Help please :(