Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the police

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last year me and my friends used to get harrased daily by the police trying to arrest us for something. over the winter they calmed down but all of a sudden they are back around us. Today they believed from the CCTV footage that we was dealing drugs in front of a camera i mean come on we've got more common sense than that!!!! One of the officers decided to search me on the grounds i was holding drugs when the question was asked i responded saying no and their information was wrong i told i was mouthing back . but if you are being accused of something your not going to let them but the blame on you are you? Also the police in my area are very mouthy and like to show they have authority.
Does any one know the rights for the public against a police officer?
Dont get me wrong i do respect the police but they complain when the "youth of today" dont show them any respect but they dont in return
as you can tell this has rattled my cage ! and i want to make a full complaint against her. has any one got any past information?
thank you x

Comments

• Options
    go to the police station, ask to fill out a complaint. don't think there's much more you can do. question though: do you deal drugs etc? (im not going to tell the police, even if I could. just wondering if there was any basis for their suspicion)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    do you deal drugs etc? (im not going to tell the police, even if I could. just wondering if there was any basis for their suspicion)

These are public message boards whether you're a grass or not - it's a pretty stupid idea to own up to commiting any crime don't you think.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm a serial killer...Please don't tell no one:nervous:

rich.. I don't think he is..otherwise he wouldn't be so pissed off lol.. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    do you deal drugs etc? (im not going to tell the police, even if I could.
    PMSL!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I'm a serial killer...Please don't tell no one:nervous:

Possibly the most unfortunate double negative in the history of the universe....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Possibly the most unfortunate double negative in the history of the universe....

Well you know me...
  • Options
    It is very difficult if not impossible to take on the law and win. I have had a few drunken attempts at battling them which I feel pretty embarrassed to think back on now I have drastically cut down on alcohol.

May as well just go about quietly, let them get on with battling the people who are fighting against them, while you get on with your own thing.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya KNS,
    There's some info on TheSite that may help. There's an article about stop and search and there's a section about your rights and the police.

If you're really concerned about the way they've been treating you, there may be information on Liberty's website that could help you.

Hope this helps,
    CB
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I've come across quite a few coppers in my time and they are all cocks. They have this massive power rush and assume they are sooo much better than everyone else. Really don't think there is fuck all you can do, all I do is get a bit mouthy with them, show them you won't let them treat you like shit but without going too far so they arrest you.

I live next to a pretty rough estate and my street name is the same name as what the estate gets called. When I was younger and police liked hassling me and my mates when we were just minding our own business, as soon as I told them where I lived they were like "you had a bath today" and shit like that. Nobs, just about all of them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    These are public message boards whether you're a grass or not - it's a pretty stupid idea to own up to commiting any crime don't you think.

What about the Drugs forum? It's full of people asking for tips when they try such and such for the first time at the weekend.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Skive is right, dealing is a serious criminal offense and although posession and use is also illegal, dealing is in another league altogether and could get you in to a whole new world of trouble.
  • Options
    It ALWAYS pays to be polite and pleasant to members of the police. Any sign of nastiness from your part will not play well and will get you in far more trouble.

When you are stopped they should be filling in a stop and search form, this will include your name and address, why your being searched, who they are and where they are based. You are then allowed to ask for a copy of this form at their police station I think a week after the event.

So next time you are stopped, be nice, ask why you are being searched politely. Then say that you will be wanting a copy of the stop and search form and ask them details about their station.

Oh and of course if you are arrested for drugs charges then Release are the people to contact. They are nice people and bound to help you in whatever way they can.

www.release.org.uk I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It ALWAYS pays to be polite and pleasant to members of the police. Any sign of nastiness from your part will not play well and will get you in far more trouble.

:yes:

It's amazing what you can get away with when you're polite.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Why should you be nice to a copper when they are treating you like a scumbag for no reason?? If there nice then I try to be nice but otherwise I give as good as I get.

I have had a lot of runnings with the police but only being arrested twice, both times when I had done something wrong. The rest of the times and there is sooo many it is unbelievable I have done nothing wrong and I am getting hassled for no reason. I don't take shit from no-one so I ain't gonna sit back and let a copper give me shit just because he is a copper. They all have a massive power rush and it really gets on my tits.
  • Options
    Its only going to inflame the situation though isnt it.

If they want to search you they are going to, the laws surrounding it may well be a travesty but they are strong. So, legaly they can take you to the station and do a PROPER search if need be.

So, if they are going to search you anyway the best policy is to be nice about it. Ask them to fill in all the paper work needed and ask them why they are doing what they are doing.

If they are really harassing you or they do a search without filling in the form report them.
  • Options
    If they are really harassing you or they do a search without filling in the form report them.
    :lol:
    Sorry that part made me laugh, report them, and get no where. It is a waste of my time, time I can't be arsed wasting on Police.

I get pulled over in my car just about every week (because I'm in the middle of doing work on it). They can see by radio'ing in that it is registered in my name, insured in my name, they can see my tax disc and I carry my licensce around with me. Yet thet still insist on me going to station and producing my documents, this really pisses me off because it isn't just a quick drive down, hand them in then your away, I'm there for at least an hour, waiting to be dealt with, filling out forms etc. etc.. I'm sure there time can be spent on catching real criminals instead of hassling me every week.

And then a mate of mine gets stabbed 3-times and the police won't take the guy who stabbed him to court, probably didn't have time because they were too busy pulling the likes of me over every week.

And then my mate had an appointment at the station for a driving offence, I offered to drive him down there because it is a bit of a distance, his appointment was at 7.00, he didn't get seen till 9.30 and he got out of there at 10.00. They have a shit system and just piss people about. What would have happened if he had turned up at 10.00?, he would have got into loads of shit for it.

:mad: Not meaning to argue Bong but I have very strong views against the police.
  • Options
    I wasnt saying they are nice people, they are just like any other group, some are nice, others arent.

What I was suggesting is that arguing with them is in the main a bad idea.

As for making an official complaint. I have found actually that a wisely worded letter to the right people does have effects. Its worth a try, you dont know its pointless untill you have given it a good shot.
  • Options
    As for making an official complaint. I have found actually that a wisely worded letter to the right people does have effects. Its worth a try, you dont know its pointless untill you have given it a good shot.
    True, they just waste enough of my time anyway that I can't be bothered with them.
  • Options
    Up to you mate, I consider it my duty to hold bastards like that to account. You and I pay their wages after all.

Thats why I'm sending off letters left right and centre to sort out that almighty fuck up 'Talk to Frank'.
  • Options
    Generally I find uniformed police to be pretty sound - and that coming from someone with a conviction with arrests in double figures.

I don't mind being stopped or searched or whatever - it's those bloody car document producer's that piss me off. :mad: I had three in one month last year.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i am polite to the gaffers i phrase my sentances cleverly cos that winds them up more. no i dont deal drugs and i was innocent !!! thanks for your advice im putting a complaint in today about her
  • Options
    When they stop searched you did they fill in the form?

I presume not, I saw this happening about 2 years ago to a couple of kids in the park and I wrote to the police chief, he ignored me so I wrote to my MP. My MP then wrote to the police chief and in the end I got the police to admit that no stop and search was recorded on that date.

Police chief's take note of things like this, it makes them realise that the public wont stand for harrasment.
  • Options
    the best police story i can think of right now ...this was 1980.
    a freind of mine had 25kilos of paki black in his car ...he'd just collected it ...on credit from some very serious villains.
    in the middle of levenshulme in broad daylight a car with four plain clothes pull in front suddenly and the same behind to box him in.
    he is pulled from the car and hancuffed to the locking bracketin of the boot ...just above the bumper. while three of these guys are arresting him and explaining to him what is happening ...the dope is being put in the police cars. then they all drive off.
    they wern't the old bill at all!
    he had to sell his house and emigrate to keep breathing.
  • Options
    Bastards. I know a bloke who had to move because he took too much on credit too. Stupid really.