Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mescaline

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did a brief search but couldnt find any answers to what i wanted to know.
I personally dont do drugs+im not here to critisize those who do!
some of my mates do mescaline+i basically know nothing about it.i was wondering what affects it actually has on the body.i mean what its actually doing not just it causes quite long trips etc.just wondered what it does to heartrate etc+wondering if any links to stuff later on, like weed+schizophrenia(i cant spell) are linked.also does it often lead onto specific other drugs?my mates also do weed+mushrooms.

any info apreciated
tnkies :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Physically it is highly likely to push the heart rate up a little and increase the blood pressure. Though as with many trips (LSD is particular) this is strictly the drug acting on the body, it is the body reacting to the stimuli.

I couldnt begin to describe the actual process in the brain, mainly because the understanding of how the phenyathalamines work is sketchy at best.

Mescaline is a strong drug and could well bring on nasty mental problems if used by the wrong person. Yet at the same time it has been used for 100's of years in healing processes. The problem is that those experiences were closely looked over by a Shaman, modern day people just tend to take it to get twisted.

As for it leading onto to other drugs, its possible certainly. Most people who try one trip will go onto try others, but this doesnt mean they are going to end up doing heroin. Probably they are less likely to move in that direction.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Erowid have a page on mescaline which is definetely worth a look.....
    Does TheSite not have an excellent on mescaline? Surely if you did have then Susie would have linked to it already.
    Exactly. As Susie has not linked, we can assume there is no page.....
    Fair enough, I certainly dont want to be someone forever pointing out the failings of thesites drug pages.
    :yeees: I think you actually really enjoy it, don't you?
    No, no, theres no enjoyment, I'm thinking of the greater good.
    You altruistic soul you.
    I do try, but sometimes, well there really are too many demands, its hard helping so many people.
    Synthetic mescaline is very very rare, so unless they're doing the actual cactus (peytote, san pedro etc) then they're probably not doing mescaline.
    Reading Aldous Huxley's "Doors of Perception" might also give you an idea.
    what i was going to say blag.
    i doubt very much they are getting mescaline ...natural or synthetic.
    beautiful drug though ...
    I've heard of some of the research chemicals being bandied about as 'mescaline'.

But then the 'research chemicals' have all gone since the change in the law here.