Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scotland!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    good never liked you anyway:p
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Aye, that attitude pisses me off.

When it comes to arrogant English people, we're never from Edinburgh, or Aberdeen or Glasgow, it's always "You're from Scotland"

Ignorant fuckers.

Or the even worse on from Americans "Hey nice accent, are y'all from England?".
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    :> i'll let them know when i meet them during the week:)

anyone wanna show us girlys around when we go??;)

Are they hot sluts? :razz:
    good never liked you anyway:p

I hope your train crashes and you all die.

:heart:

sensitive as always mr. bri :thumb:
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    sensitive as always mr. bri :thumb:

Hey, I'm the most sensitive guy you'll meet, I just have this pseudo-facade that often eminates due to my alarming personal insecurity.

BTW, it was a joke :crazyeyes
    BTW, it was a joke :crazyeyes

never suggested otherwise :)
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    never suggested otherwise :)

I know, but someone's uncle probably had a mate who had a dog who used to belong to a man who knew someone who knew someone else who died in some train crash in Australia in 1958.

And saying you hope someone dies is seen as taboo nowadays :razz:
    Re: Scotland!
    where's the best places to go in scotland...?

Lol.
    Hey, I'm the most sensitive guy you'll meet

Lol, that just conjured up baaaad imagery for me :p
    Go visit Dundee :lol:
    anyone wanna show us girlys around when we go??;)

Well for shopping in Glasgow you can go into town and shop at any of the high street stores, go to the Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch Centre or venture into the Merchant City. Heck, you could even go to Braehead which technically isn't in Glasgow I don't think.

There are loads of shops and clubs to go to tbh. Do a search ;)
    :) thanks for your help guys and girls xxxx
    If you end up in Edinburgh I would recommend this hostel as a fun and happening place to stay:

Edinburgh Backpackers, 65 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1BU

I stayed here about four years ago and loved it. It is very very central.
    You cud come te my house if thats ur real picture :lol::lol:
    Glasgow and Edinburgh would be by far and away the best places togo if you're visiting Scotland, and you can quite easily visit both. They're only about an hours train ride away and the trains are every 30mins or so.

Glasgow's probably marginally better clubbing wise but Edinburgh's still one of the best places in the country, plus Glasgow doesn't have anything to rival the centre of Edinburgh, or the old town.
    Originally posted by UpsetChap
    Glasgow and Edinburgh would be by far and away the best places togo if you're visiting Scotland
    Surely that depends on what you like?

If you're after grass and lambs and mountains and fresh air and stinging neetles and doc leaves and walking boots and remote country pubs then probably not the *best* location.

But if you want a bit of city fun...
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Surely that depends on what you like?

If you're after grass and lambs and mountains and fresh air and stinging neetles and doc leaves and walking boots and remote country pubs then probably not the *best* location.

But if you want a bit of city fun...

Have you been to Edinburgh? I live around 20 minutes walk from the city centre i.e Princes Street. If I walk 5 mins in the other direction I'm confronted by a fucking big hill, doc leaves, dog crap and country pubs. Edinburgh's tiny. Even if you're looking for the outdoor outdoors then using either city (although Edinburgh would be much better) as a base is still a good idea.

Besides, lets see you find an easy method of reaching aberfeldy without a car.
    Aye, that attitude pisses me off.

When it comes to arrogant English people, we're never from Edinburgh, or Aberdeen or Glasgow, it's always "You're from Scotland"

Ignorant fuckers.

oooh...i so agree and it pisses me off no end. Places in england are always refered to as their city or town name, but everywhere in scotland is just lumped together as one, as if it is one tiny little village where we all wear tartan and eat haggis all day. Get an education!!!!!

My great (english) uncle once sent a postcard to my gran saying at the end of the address "Scotland, near England"!!! Fucking moron.

oh, but while we are on the topic...avoid Aberdeen...its a bit crap really!
    Have you been to Edinburgh? I live around 20 minutes walk from the city centre i.e Princes Street. If I walk 5 mins in the other direction I'm confronted by a fucking big hill, doc leaves, dog crap and country pubs.
    Yes. I loved Edinburgh. It is a very buzzing city. But I didn't see the surrounding areas.
    Have you been to Edinburgh? I live around 20 minutes walk from the city centre i.e Princes Street. If I walk 5 mins in the other direction I'm confronted by a fucking big hill, doc leaves, dog crap and country pubs. Edinburgh's tiny. Even if you're looking for the outdoor outdoors then using either city (although Edinburgh would be much better) as a base is still a good idea.

Besides, lets see you find an easy method of reaching aberfeldy without a car.
    same as Glasgow, 20 minutes drive away and youre at Loch Lomond.
    Lovely.
    You could always come to sunny Ayrshire.

Clubs: Club de mar is now the only club in Ayr worth a visit. Don't bother with Madisons and Definitely don't bother going to Kilmarnock for a night out.

Scenery: You get a good view of Arran from Ayr or go to Loch Doon and see the "beautiful" commercial pine forest.

Castles: Culzean and Dean are the big crowd pullers but there are nice ruins at Dunure, Greenan, Loch Doon and Dundonald (go to Dundonald highland games to see me pratting about with a sword).

Burns: Hard to avoid if you coma to Ayrshire. Alloway has the Tam o' Shanter experience and Burn's cottage, but there are other attractions.

Industrial Heritage: Dunaskin for ironworks, brickworks, coal mining and steam trains (come on a Saturday and you might get to meet me, but not this week as i will be flying off to sunny Spain!) . Irvine maritime museum for ships. Or go for a trip on the Waverley and see Arran more closely (see Scenery)

Watersports: Beaches everywhere. Bring your own boat.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    same as Glasgow, 20 minutes drive away and youre at Loch Lomond.
    Lovely.
    Went camping there last year. Great scenery, Maid of the Loch and that was about it.