Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hemp conspiracy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
everywhere i look there they are, but this ones quite interesting although im sure you avid druggies know of this already........i have always wondered why pot is so vehemently fought against around the world and esp. in america, even though its blatantly obvious its not as harmful as its made out to be, and this could well be the reason..........

http://www.sumeria.net/politics/shadv3.html.......the article is quite long.............but the thrust of it is that the american industrialists pressured the government into banning hemp back in the 30s and 40s because ethanol can be made from it, which would be a viable alternative to the petrochemicals we now use widely today, and hence produce a free market which would be disastrous for all those rich oil barons.........a lot of other related interesting stuff in the article for those who can be bothered to READ IT.............i think jack herer wrote something about this as well, but his sites down atm :(

makes sense really when you think about it, especially seeing as 150 years ago hemp was grown just about everywhere because its so bloody useful (and because there were no greedy oil barons around then).........and as a result our luvverly marijuana is also banned, and now we find ourselves with these international drug treaties we cant get ourselves out of.......its a harsh life.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    for uses of Hemp see the film "Biodome" :)

rapid rate of photosyninthetsis lol

but there is a serious point to it, asides from the pleasent side effect of smoking the bud (or which ever part you smoke i can't remember) The Hemp plant is one of the most versatile plants around.

And the whole article is worth a read if you have to time, quite informative
    yes it beggars belief, im surprised people dont have more to say on this, i thought its quite a shocking discovery.........guess you're all too off your trolleys already.......and yeah like you said the rest of the article is interesting, it goes on to talk about the alliances between american industralists and the nazis before and during world war II, really explains how germany managed to rebuild itself so quickly after the first world war and cause a helluva lot more bloodshed........but thats not the point of this thread.
    The banning of cannabis in the US has a lot more to do with a man called Harry Anslinger, he was the head of what became the DEA. He was a rampant racist and used fear of the mexican immigrants and blacks to push through legislation against cannabis.

He also forced through the 1971 UN Convention on Narcotic Drugs with cannabis, a drug which wasnt going to be included. Other drugs listed are things like heroin and cocaine which makes it very hard to get out of.
    im talking about hemp specifically, i just think they used the angle of cannabis to outlaw the whole bunch..........im aware of mr anslinger and the fact they pushed through law by calling it marijuana (not cannabis) and associating it with the 'dangerous mexicans'..........but if you look at the larger picture mr. anslinger was just a puppet in the big picture (like Bush).......the government doesnt control america and its policies, big business does, full stop........although i agree with you he didnt help.
    just incase ur interested his webpage is back up again, just read the homepage its not as long-winded as the other article i posted, highly curious.......... http://www.jackherer.com/ ..........does noone else find this odd??!
    A very bias report but it certainly has some good points.

I am somewhat nervous about the talk of it being this wonder plant that can cure the whole world of all its ills. It is without doubt a very useful plant, but whether that extends as far as he is saying I dont know.

That and I would rather like to know his sources.

It is quite funny though that because of the US law its the Canadians who get the money out of Hemp farming. They grow it and then the US buys it from them. That and most of their cannabis too.
    aye the geezer definitely seems pissed, but interesting nonetheless..........haha didnt know that bout the canadians, clearly the ones with their heads screwed on......i have read things like this elsewhere tho, i think www.hemp4fuel.com is another one.........

but explain to me this, why else is noone even allowed to grow hemp without a license? its a plant ffs, and cant even get you high.......but it could fuck over the rich oil-hungry yanks with a bit of competition. i read somewhere else......."the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off"......
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I would imagine you need a license for practical reasons if nothing else - Hemp and cannabis look identical, so by being a registered grower of hemp you would avoid getting busted on a regular basis. That's IMO, anyway....
    They dont look that similar and if you planted them in the same field the cannabis wouldnt stand a chance, it would be crowded out and killed quickly.

The main reason is because of a fear that it will be used to cover up cannabis growing, which as I have just said is rubbish. But hay, when have the drug laws made sense.

Hemp is classed as the same drug in the US and therefore it is illegal. However as I said it is legal for the Canadians to grow it then sell it to the US.

Strange.

Talking of the usefulness of cannabis they are using an extract in clinical trials at the moment for pain. I'll find a link.