Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

PE teachers

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
...are vermin who deserve to die in a painful and imaginitive manner.

It's no wonder why people don't do any sport any more, any confidence in oneself is totally destroyed unless you happen to be a world-beater at sport.

There's no discussion, I hope they all die.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No they aren't.
    we have really nice PE teachers.
    when i was a first year the guy told my mum i was a superstar basket ball player and my mum was like 'are you sure you have the right kid?'

the only time i ever disliked them was when i had to do cheerleading instead of softball just because i'm a girl.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I will admit, the majority of PE teachers are twats - I suppose I've been fortunate that for most of high school I had a fantastic teacher.
    I hated our Pe teacher.. God he was such a fucking twat...
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    No they aren't.

Perhaps not.
    It's no wonder why people don't do any sport any more, any confidence in oneself is totally destroyed unless you happen to be a world-beater at sport.

But that is a very valid statement. :yes:
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    i had to do cheerleading instead of softball just because i'm a girl.

I don't blame you- cheerleading ain't a sport :yeees:

Doc, there's no discussion:p

I will agree that there may be about 4 PE teachers who aren't sadistic arseholes verging on the paedophilic, but I have yet to meet them. Unless you are good at sport they don't care- refelcted glory from the school sports teams is my guess.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i did not like my PE teachers at school, true. however, i have alot of friends who are training to be PE teachers and most of them are really nice.

i do not think that was a fair statement to make. why do you think this?
    I'm now shite at hockey (well no, I just lost my fitness by becoming a nerd) but my games teacher is still encouraging me. Though whether that's because the other defenders are shit and he needs me or not is debatable.

In fact the only people who are demoralised at my school are the really, really bottom of the pile shit people.
    Re: PE teachers
    Originally posted by Kermit

a-fucking-greed.

I hated PE.
    Originally posted by JsT
    I will admit, the majority of PE teachers are twats

:yes:

Maybe there are nice PE teachers in the world. But the ones I had the misfortune of encountering were arrogant, self glorifying critical lazy arses.
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i do not think that was a fair statement to make. why do you think this?

I'm sure they are lovely people away from school :rolleyes:

It is a very fair statement to make, albeit hyperbolic.

I think it because it is true. Unless you happen to be good at sport then they are not interested in trying to EDUCATE you (which is their job description, no?), all they are interested in is the school sports teams, and getting a slice of reflected glory through success because they weren't good enough to be decent sportsmen themselves.

In any other subject at school teachers help the ones who aren't so good. Not in PE. You are just ignored whilst the darlings of the sports team get reamed up the arse after school.

Yes, it is bitterness. That's life. It's my rant.
    It's like polarisation. Those who show the slightest bit of potential are encouraged, so they get better. But those who obviously don't like PE, or are a bit less fit or aren't quite so co-ordinated get picked on and demoralised. Not just by teachers, but by the rest of the class too, getting picked last for teams and so on. So they stop making an effort, don't care anymore, and that's how they end up being 'really, really bottom of the pile shit people'.

I appreciate that it must be difficult for PE teachers to understand that for some people, being able to reach the end of the track first isn't the be all and end all of their existance, but they should cut a bit of slack for those that aren't quite so able, y'know?
    I was always quite lucky cos I'm pretty sporty, but my teachers were scary. We once caught one of them in the back of the mini bus getting off with the biology teacher, and I swear to god the other one was a lesbian; she always used to come into the chnaging rooms for no reason and find something to talk to us about while we got changed.....Yeurch.....
    That's exactly it lil_laura.

If you are good it's fine, because you get help and encouragement, but if you aren't you just get shat on by them.

I'm not especially good at football, but if I tried all I would get is sarcastic comments the whole fucking time. So I stopped trying. Cunts.
    I had an obese PE teacher. Not sure quite how that worked.

There was one PE teacher at my high school who was built like a brick shit house and looked like he was going to punch your head off at the slighest provocation. Turned out he was the nicest guy imaginable and a really good teacher. Encouraged rather than bullied us.

PE is still shite though.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    There was this one used to teach us tennis - she was a stunner.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm sure they are lovely people away from school :rolleyes:

It is a very fair statement to make, albeit hyperbolic.

I think it because it is true. Unless you happen to be good at sport then they are not interested in trying to EDUCATE you (which is their job description, no?), all they are interested in is the school sports teams, and getting a slice of reflected glory through success because they weren't good enough to be decent sportsmen themselves.

In any other subject at school teachers help the ones who aren't so good. Not in PE. You are just ignored whilst the darlings of the sports team get reamed up the arse after school.

Yes, it is bitterness. That's life. It's my rant.

i do not think that that is the case tbh. it was never the case in my school and from talking to many people who are training to do PE teaching they certainly do not think that is the case going into schools. i think your opinion is very naive regarding PE education tbh. some people have had bad experiences with PE in schools, i am sure. but that is because of the type of subject it is. however, PE is a useful median that is used in schools and attitudes like this will only keep children away from actually doing any sport. it is not for those who are good at it. it is for anyone. i used to play basketball and volleyball at school and i did not do it because i was good at it (because i wasnt) but because i enjoyed it.
    I have a problem with your statements mainly because i was never that great at any sport but i was always encouraged by my PE teachers anyway to do the best i could. they encouraged people to find a sport they ENJOYED. they were kind and caring people that did one hell of a lot more for me that any of my other teachers ever did. 2 of my PE teachers used to do the x-country with us cause they didn't believe in making you do something they wouldn't do in a million years. they are neither paedophilic nor sadistic. they know each of their students and nobody is ever just a number of the many that they teach in a week. they also inspired me to teach and have supported me in that. maybe i'm just very lucky. shoot me down if you like but I can name at least 10 PE teachers that are like what I have just descibed.
    The Silly String
    There are always exceptions.

My experience, and the experience of many other people I know, is that if you weren't good at it there was no point even trying, because there was no incentive to bother. I tried and got abuse for not being good enough, so why bother?

The trainees won't be like that, but in ten years they will be. Like the parents who vow that they won't do what their parents did, then go ahead and do exactly the same thing.

Normally I have a lot of time for teachers, but PE teachers are vile scum.
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    PE is a useful median that is used in schools and attitudes like this will only keep children away from actually doing any sport. it is not for those who are good at it. it is for anyone.

So the forced showers, the bullying, the abuse, the favouritism, that's got nothing to do with it? Not at all?

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I doubt it. If it wasn't for PE teachers I might actually have enjoyed sport- I used to before I went to secondary school and I am starting to again now.
    I had one nice PE teacher in five years of doing PE at school. She was slightly plump like me and was actually more encouraging towards those who were less able because I think she realised how competative the other PE teachers were with regards to sports teams etc.
    So the forced showers, the bullying, the abuse, the favouritism, that's got nothing to do with it? Not at all?

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I doubt it. If it wasn't for PE teachers I might actually have enjoyed sport- I used to before I went to secondary school and I am starting to again now.

yes. i think you must have been very unlucky imo. i have *never* come across any of that at all. all PE teachers i have come across have all been very enthusiastic, encouraging you to actually take part in sport at school.

i also do not think that you can state that your experiences are the same as everyone else's experiences at school regarding PE teachers.

and i do not think it is fair to say that in 10 years time the trainee teachers will be like what you describe either.
    the favouritism is the same in all subjects though. i got all sorts of privilages at school cos i was in the orchestra, both choirs and jazz band.
    but the music teachers are bastards to anyone who isn't that good.

its life i'm afraid

That all happens at my school. Doesn't bother me. Well, not abuse. Unless mocking the fat lazy kids is abuse and that's because they are lazy not because they are fat.
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    the favouritism is the same in all subjects though. i got all sorts of privilages at school cos i was in the orchestra, both choirs and jazz band.
    but the music teachers are bastards to anyone who isn't that good.

its life i'm afraid

Ooh and me. It was always very embarrasing for my male music teacher to shout and scream at the whole class and then turn to me and say "oh, but you were fine :)" or "the rest of you are rubbish. Listen to him."
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    In my experiences, if you dont try - they don't tend be reasonable. Doesn't matter on the ability, as long as you try.
    I hated my pe teacher, shes a man beast. *shudders* I never did p.e bettween year 9 and 11 because of a knee preoblem, and my two best mates didnt either, one due to a hip problem and another cuz every time she moves her arms or whatever dislocate :crazyeyes anyways, this bitch of a p.e teacher always used to say sly comments about us 3, like we sciving etc when we had doctors notes! :mad: Thats one teacher, i definately wont miss!
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I hated my pe teacher, shes a man beast. *shudders* I never did p.e bettween year 9 and 11 because of a knee preoblem, and my two best mates didnt either, one due to a hip problem and another cuz every time she moves her arms or whatever dislocate :crazyeyes anyways, this bitch of a p.e teacher always used to say sly comments about us 3, like we sciving etc when we had doctors notes! :mad: Thats one teacher, i definately wont miss!

Skiver! Actually i think you are just plain lazy!:p

I love PE! The teachers at my school were half and half. One teacher whop was my favourite i already knew cos he played rugby with my dad and he was cool neway. Another one is young and i always used to see him out so we got along becuase of that. Another teacher was a twat but he licked my arse cos i was so good at sport.:rolleyes:
    As for the women one was great as she was cool+supported west ham. And a really young one was so fit.:naughty: But the other 2 female ones were just bitches.

I think peoples points of views differ to if they enjoyed PE or were good at sport.
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    I think peoples points of views differ to if they enjoyed PE or were good at sport.

That's what I don't understand. I'd rather have a doss-around style tennis lesson that a double physics lesson.
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    That's what I don't understand. I'd rather have a doss-around style tennis lesson that a double physics lesson.

This is what i have always thought! But some people get embarrassed by having no sporting ability etc.
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Skiver! Actually i think you are just plain lazy!:p

:eek: Cheeky! Im not bad at sport, i just cant run or anything cuz of my knee, plus ive always been into swimming and i used to horseride. I'll have you know i did solid swimming, no stopping, for an hour and a half today, am proud of myself, so ner :p