Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

open days

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
what really happens at open days,i have a open day for the academy of popular music next week,just wondering what to expect,what questions to ask,any one know anything about the school or been there?:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They just show you around, explain where and what everything is, exactly what they offer and what courses do what and why thier better than every where else :rolleyes: make a list of things you wanna find out before you go so you get all the info. x
  • Options
    Opendays are often just a good way of getting a feel for the place you're going to be studying at. Just wonder around looking at things and think to yourself would I be happy here? It sounds a bit vauge but I thought the best place to go was the one I felt most comfortable at.
  • Options
    i've only been to one uni open day, and i'm so glad i went 'cause i really didn't like the place and wouldn't of known unless i'd gone. other than that, there was just a talk about uni life and a chance to talk to people from the area you want to study in.
  • Options
    The most usefull bit, you get to see how organised they are. If they can't be arsed to do an open day properly then they wont be arsed to run the dept properly either.

Check out the union, a good uni, will have a hardcore union to keep the students happy.

Bopz

P.S. Whatever happens make sure you go, your first expierance of the uni should not be when you turn up in Sept/Oct!