Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another open day question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i have heard cases when you can get offered a place at uni just from a meeting at an open day,is this true?:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I have heard of cases where people have supposedly gotten lower grade offers from going to an open day and talking to lecturers etc., however I don't personally know anyone this has happened to.
  • Options
    No. I dont think this is true at all. I expect you still have to go through the UCAS system.
  • Options
    Oh yeah from the people I've heard that do it they still have to go through the UCAS system. It just seems strange to me that an individual lecturer would actually take the time to specifically sort out offering someone a lower entry grade just because of a brief informal chat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    No. I dont think this is true at all. I expect you still have to go through the UCAS system.

May be wrong but I don't think that's what they meant. At this stage, and for quite a while now, all open days taking place will have been for people who are holding offers to study there ie. post-application open days. So I think nitefly means someone may be offered a place on the course after attending such a day. You still have to go through the propers channels of application initially.
  • Options
    It is quite common to get a slightly lower offer for being arsed to go to the uni open day and doing a good interview. It's not hard for them to change entry grades, they have a massive meeting when you all go home to sort it all out anyway. Even if they offer you the same grades, it will be noted that you went to the open day and that your "the right person" for the course.

Bopz