Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bonus night! sex with your ex.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello is sex with your ex as a one off a bad idea?

Comments

• Options
    No, however, in my experience, it's never a one night occurence...
  • Options
    I believe sleeping with your Ex as a one off is asking for disaster -

Just as Groovaybaby says, he's your Ex for a reason.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1

yes it is - seams a good idea at the time.... but as the others said exs are exs for a reason.... granted - sometimes it can be a good idea, but as a rule of thumb..... NOPE!

Kate1 makes a good point - if you go back for "one last run"...... it doesn't usually end up being just the once....

be warned - playing with you ex can seriously damage your head! :)
  • Options
    [QUOTE be warned - playing with you ex can seriously damage your head! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

yup. It seems like a good idea, and it's usually great sex. I'm not gonna say don't do it, cos i'm still sleeping with my ex. . but be careful and make sure you are both only wanting sex and not a relationship.
  • Options
    What did i tell you on msn angel1886????
  • Options
    Usually, I'd say very bad idea.

But... well, I appear to still be sleeping with my ex on occasion, so that's a bit hypocritical of me. But it's not really just random sex. Don't sleep with your ex as a one-off and not expect it to affect your emotions at least slightly, and to make things complicated if you have unresolved issues or if one of you feels much more strongly about it than the other.
  • Options
    It's a bad idea. The chances are that one of you will want it to turn into more than a one off than the other.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    It's a bad idea. The chances are that one of you will want it to turn into more than a one off than the other.

true, and then it all ends up a mess.. ive been there, not good :no:
  • Options
    Dont do it. Iv just came out of a situation like it.
  • Options
    After a bit too much red wine it seemed like a good idea, but believe me it is NOT. Ok so it didn't mess me up really. I was fairly cool with the situation but I think it's messed him up a little and it made me realise I have no feelings for him anymore which I suppose is good - I think it's only bad if you still have 'feelings' for each other. Thats when it gets all messy - so to speak :p
  • Options

Kate's right....i went back for sex with my ex and ended up sleeping with her for almost a year on and off....think long and hard before you do it
  • Options
    I know from personal experience, that it's sooo tempting and the longer that your relationship before you broke up, the more likely there will be a night where the two of you consider hitting the sack together again, just for old times sake. When that does happen, you gotta keep in mind one thing-YOU BROKE UP. you will never get over your ex if the two of you have sex after the break up.

in the famous words of Wobble- "Ex's are Ex's for a reason."

Yeah it is sometimes nice to fantasize that once your ex gets naked with you again, he will realize the two fo you were meant to be, well its much more likely that the next morning will be hella akward and things between you both will end up worse instead of better. So when you see your ex out in a social setting and you're contemplating asking them for one more roll in the hay, just for the hell of it, repeat to yourself.....NO SEX WITH THE EX.

(I have numerous books on getting over a break up and why to stay away from ex's.If you need any more advice about why to stay away from ex's please let me know. I'm in the process of getting over my ex and it helps me to help other people with their ex's.) :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Usually, I'd say very bad idea.

But... well, I appear to still be sleeping with my ex on occasion, so that's a bit hypocritical of me. But it's not really just random sex. Don't sleep with your ex as a one-off and not expect it to affect your emotions at least slightly, and to make things complicated if you have unresolved issues or if one of you feels much more strongly about it than the other.

:yes:

The reason I say this is because me and my ex had one last night together, that was 20 months ago and we're still doing it.... Pretty impressive too, considering we were only together for 6 months in the first place... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wow, i thought i was the only person who gave into ex sex. all my friends think i am crazy and should be stronger, but it's just so hard! I have been having ex sex, between getting back together and splitting up again for 9 months, and i'm more fucked up for it. Last night, i made him come and pick me up from a night out with the girls, and sat in his car and cried to him, tellin him how much i wanted him (alcohol for you!)... i'm so confused. hopefully seeing him tonight - why do i do this to myself?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    why do i do this to myself?!

'cause you're a girl. :p
  • Options

totally agree with you there